Have You Ever Had Angel Chicken & Pasta? If not, you are totally missing out. And if you’ve never made it in the crockpot, well you’re missing out on a super easy dish too!
It’s a lot like fettucine alfredo but sooooo much easier. AND this slow cooker angel chicken & pasta is even easier than making it in the skillet.
If you know you’re going to be in a super hurry when you toss the chicken in…just make the pasta the night before. Or even the weekend before…it’s super forgiving that way. Just knock off a couple minutes from your usual “doneness” and you’ll be all set.
Toss the pasta in the refrigerator and add it in the last 45 to 60 minutes for ubber creamy deliciousness. If you’d rather have more of a home-style dish, you can even substitute the noodles for the ones used in our crock pot beef & noodles. The dish looks completely different AND you’ll need to add a couple cups more broth but it works and it’s delicious as well.
Whichever sort of pasta you use it will NOT matter. This recipe is on the top of our yummy list around here.
Give it a shot and tell us what you think. Holler if you need us…and enjoy the fast prep & slow cookin’ 🙂
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened or diced into chunks
- 2 cans cream of mushroom ~or~ cream of chicken
- 2 packets Italian dressing mix
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless chicken (any type) diced into chunks
- 1 pound of pasta, cooked al dente ahead of time
- green onions or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional but delicious)
- Spray, oil or butter the slow cooker insert
- Mix the broth, soup, dressing mix and chunked cream cheese directly in the crockpot
- Add the chicken and stir to coat
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours
- About 45 to 60 minutes before serving toss in the al dente pasta you'd previously cooked
- Add the green onions or parsley if you're using them
- Stir well. Cover and cook just long enough to heat the pasta through
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheeses if desired