Just 5 Minutes & 7 Ingredients For This Quick & Easy Dinner
If you’re looking for quick, easy AND tasty…look no further! This bacon potato casserole completely wins both!
The only issue you might have is being able to have pre-cooked bacon on hand. At this house, that gets eaten. If we don’t have BLTs for lunch or eat if with a breakfast meal…someone just has it for a snack. Then when I need it, it’s gone.
But I found a solution! Freeze it! Not only do I freeze it, I hide it too.
You can pre-cook it in a number of ways. Any way you prefer honestly. Pan frying is, of course, an option, but you can also bake it.
How To Bake Bacon
Just put it on a foil-lined pan and bake it in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes. Then allow it to drain and cool, pop it in a freezer bag and hide it in the freezer.
I usually bake 2-3 packages at a time. We’ll have one over the course of several meals and I freeze the rest. Then I’ve got “baking bacon” pre-cooked and frozen (and hidden) when I need it. And it’s the only pre-cooked anything for this recipe. Enjoy!
One-Pot Bacon Potato Casserole Step-by-Step
Gather Your Ingredients…
Mix the soup, soup mix and sour cream…
Layer Half of Each Ingredient…
Cover & Cook on Low for 5 to 7 hours.
Add a Side Salad & Ring the Dinner Bell 🙂
Here’s the Pinnable & Printable for One-Pot Bacon Potato Casserole!
- 1 package pre-cooked bacon
- 1 pound bag frozen hashbrowns
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 cup onions, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheeses
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Spray, butter or oil your crockpot insert ~or~ use a liner
- In a separate bowl mix the sour cream, soup and soup mix
- Layer half of each ingredient in the following order: hash browns, soup mixture, pre-cooked bacon, onions, cheese
- Repeat the layers once more
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours