A 5 Minute Meal That Taste Like an All Day Endeavor!
It’s winter. It’s cold. Hearty, rib-sticking meals are on the menu until further notice…This slow cooker chicken & dumplings totally fits the bill too!
It takes about five minutes to cut everything up and toss it in AND most everything is usually in my pantry and freezer. That makes this a perfect slow cooker meal for us. So I wanted to share.
And with no further ado…here’s the slow cooker chicken & dumplings… Enjoy! Happy Crockin’ 🙂
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings Step-by-Step…
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 large can of mushrooms. Drain the mushroom liquid into the slow cooker insert and add the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavored “better than bouillon”
- 1 can of cream of mushroom and 2 tablespoons of flour
Mix it up and add the mushrooms and the chicken. About that chicken. You need about a pound. Maybe a pound and a half. It totally depends on how “meaty” you like it. Any sort of chicken works too. Raw, pre-cooked, frozen or canned. It doesn’t matter. Dice it up and toss it in. Stir well…
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours
Your time will vary a lot on your crockpot. If you’re new to crockpot cooking or this is a new slow cooker for you…just watch it a bit after 5 hours. If you can’t or you’ll be gone you can always add another 1/2 cup of milk or water to the mixture. It may be a bit soupy but it’ll still be awesome.
An hour before dinner…
Pop the biscuit can and cut up the biscuits into quarters. Toss them in with the chicken mixture and stir well.
Turn the crockpot to high, cover and cook for 45 to 60 more minutes…
Dinner’s ready when the biscuits aren’t gooey anymore. OR you can just make the biscuits and serve the chicken goo over the top. Both are delicious and work very well.
Awesome served with a side salad 🙂
Scroll down to find the pinnable and printable versions of this recipe. Let us know if you like it too!
And again…Happy Crockin’!
- 1 pound chicken, any kind
- 1 can Grands biscuits
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavored Better Than Bouillon
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 large can sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- Spray, oil or butter the crockpot insert
- Drain the mushroom liquid into the insert and add the garlic, bouillon, soup and flour. Stir well.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms, stir again
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours
- Turn the crockpot to high, quarter the biscuits and stir them in
- Cover and cook an additional 45 to 60 minutes.
- When the biscuits are no longer doughy supper's ready!