Do you like chicken and mushrooms? How about French Onion? If you answered yes to either…you are gonna LOVE this french onion slow cooker chicken and mushrooms! It only takes a couple minutes to toss together and six easy ingredients 🙂
AND it’s really yummy too! This recipe makes enough for about 8 servings…so we’ve tried it over both pasta and rice. It was delish both ways.
There’s nothing really more to say about this…its quick, easy, semi-healthy works as a freezer meal too. Plus…like I previously stated…it’s yummy. Give it a shot, see if you like it and enjoy!
Psst…And don’t forget… Rock That Crock!
Crock Pot Chicken & Mushroom Recipe Step-by-Step
Toss the chicken and veggies in the crock
Pour in the chicken broth & french onion soup…sprinkle the soup mix over the top & Stir
Cover and cook 4 1/2 to 5 hours on low ~or~ 2 1/2 to 3 on high
30 minutes before serving mix up your organic corn starch with COLD water
Cover and cook until thickened
Here’s the finished product…
Other Awesome Crock Pot Dishes
Crockpot Freezer Rice
NOW you just need some rice or pasta and you’re all set! If you’re going for rice, you might want to try this crockpot rice recipe too! It’s very simple. You can even make it ahead of time and freeze it in serving sizes you need.
BTW…it heats back up great! It isn’t crunchy or mushy or gross in any way…it’s a true time saver 🙂
Crockpot Ranch Chicken & Mushrooms
AND if you like the french onion idea…but LOVE ranch check this one out! It’s an awesome recipe too!
“Pin It for Later” & Printable French Onion Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (diced into bite sized pieces)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 package whole mushrooms (optional)
- 1 can French Onion soup
- 1 package Knorr French Onion Recipe Mix
- 1 to 2 cups chicken stock or broth (depending on how soupy you want it to be)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons organic cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup COLD water
- Toss the chicken and veggies in the crockpot
- Pour the canned soup and chicken stock/broth over the top
- Sprinkle in the french onion recipe mix
- Stir well and cover and cook (Low for 4½ to 5 hours ~or~ High for 2½ to 3 hours)
30 minutes before serving mix the cornstarch and COLD water in and stir
- Cover and cook until thickened
Serve over rice or pasta & Enjoy!
- [br]Freezer Meal Directions:
- The only difference for the freezer meal directions is hold out the cornstarch and slice the mushrooms.
- Just toss everything in a bag and on the label make a note to add the cornstarch-water 30 minutes before serving.