This slow cooker sausage and potatoes recipe is super easy! Very little work, bunches of yumminess.
- 6 medium Yukon or Russet potatoes; washed peeled and diced into chunks (peeling is optional)
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds smoked beef sausage
- 1 15- ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce
- Creole seasoning ~or~ Salt & Pepper to taste
Oil, butter or spray the crockpot insert.
Toss the smoked sausage in the bottom and top with diced potatoes.
Dump the tomatoes, hot sauce and the creole seasoning/salt & pepper in a food processor or blender. Puree until almost liquid.
Pour over potatoes to coat completely. Stir if needed to coat all the potatoes.
Cover and cook 5 to 6 hours on low (Time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes). You can also cook on high for about 3 hours.
Potatoes should be fork tender when done.