5-Ingredient Crock Pot Mexican Chicken & Homemade Taco Seasoning
This 5-Ingredient Crock Pot Mexican Chicken is yummy! And being that it uses bone-in chicken quarters, its a great option for busy, busy days. If you're wanting to try the homemade taco seasoning, here's that too!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken quarters
- 1 16-ounce can "chili ready" diced tomatoes (Red Gold has a good option if you can find it)
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 4- ounce can green chiles
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
Pour the broth over the chicken, then the tomatoes, chiles and lastly sprinkle with the seasoning.
Cook on low about 7 hours.
Serve over rice or pasta if desired.
Freezer Meal Directions:
Place the chicken in a pre-labeled, 1-gallon freezer bag.
Stir together the vegetable broth, tomatoes, chiles, and seasoning; pour over the chicken.
Squeeze out as much air as possible and lay flat to freeze.
Defrost overnight before cooking.