Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken
If you're making this into a freezer meal it's better to either pre-saute the mushrooms or use canned. Fresh mushrooms (in my opinion) do not freeze well.
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken
- 1 pound whole mushrooms washed
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 to 10 cloves of garlic crushed (obviously, depends on your garlic preferences)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onions sliced, diced or minis (I used minis, you don't have to)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Place the chickens in the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
Add the carrots, then the mushrooms.
Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken and vegetables.
Cover slow cooker, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
Psstt...To get an "all-over color and saturated flavor FLIP the chicken thighs halfway through if you're around. It'll improve the flavor but it is NOT mandatory.