Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Come back & visit https://www.slowcookerkitchen.com/slow-cooker-stuffed-peppers to print all the other stuffed pepper recipes we have available.
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 large bell peppers your choice of color
- ½ medium onion minced small
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- ½ pound cooked and peeled shrimp I bought them that way, I only had to remove the tails
- 1 link andouille sausage diced (smoked sausage will work if you can’t find andouille)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth divided into ½ cup and ¼ cup
- 1 8- ounce can tomato sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Lemon slices optional
Wash and cut the tops off the peppers. Remove seeds and membranes.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients EXCEPT ½ cup of the chicken broth and half the tomato sauce. Mix well.
Use the mixture to stuff the peppers and place in the bottom of an oiled slow cooker.
Mix the remaining chicken broth and tomato sauce. Pour over and around peppers.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.