Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
If you're looking for a quick and easy crockpot chicken and potatoes recipe...this 6 ingredient, 10-minute prep honey garlic version might be exactly what you're looking for.
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and legs or whichever you want, dark meat seems to work better for this recipe
- 2 ish pounds potatoes, washed and sliced thin (I used Yukon and red potatoes, you can use whatever kind you like best...including sweet potatoes. All of them work well for this recipe)
- 20 to 25 garlic cloves peeled and scored (if you aren't an epic garlic fan, use fewer cloves)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce I used low sodium
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey I used raw and it's sweeter than a lot of them I've used, so I used 1/4 cup
Butter, oil or spray the crockpot insert.
Wash and slice the potatoes and toss in the slow cooker insert.
Lay the chicken on top in a single layer.
Peel and score the garlic cloves or slice or dice them if you prefer, toss in around the chicken.
Pour the chicken broth over the top then drizzle with the soy sauce and honey.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.