Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes
Deliciously easy slow cooker sausage and potatoes. It takes just 5 to 7 ingredients and about the same time to toss this yumminess together too.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pounds sausage links diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds potatoes washed and diced into chunks
- 1 large onion sliced (optional)
- 6 to 12 garlic cloves optional
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Lightly oil or butter your crock pot insert
Layer the potatoes, onions, then the sausage
Mix the soup, broth and Worcestershire sauce in a separate bowl and pour over the top
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Freezer Meal Directions:
Toss the sausage, onions and garlic into a zippable freezer bag.
Mix the broth, Worcestershire sauce and soup. Pour over sausage mixture.
Lay flat, squeeze out air and label.
Place a note on your label (and your calendar) that you'll need potatoes for this recipe.
To Cook Freezer Meal:
Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
Butter crock pot insert.
Pour washed, diced potatoes in bottom.
Pour freezer bag contents over the top.
Cook until potatoes are tender. About 7 hours.
This recipe is very tasty as is. But if you prefer a creamier, thicker sauce do this...
Note: You might want add a bit of garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 30 minutes before serving, turn the slow cooker to high (and leave the lid on for now).
- Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Stir until very well combined.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the liquid and stir well.
- Cover the crockpot again and give the sauce time to thicken.