Crockpot Lasagna Soup
Don't be afraid to change up the pasta, the veggies or even the tomato base of this recipe! It's very forgiving and you can make it very easily with all sorts of things lurking in the pantry and freezer :)
- 2 teaspoons garlic diced
- 1 medium onion diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup parsley snipped (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef fried and drained
- 1 packet Italian seasoning
- 2 cups tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta
- Ricotta cheese for topping
Cook the ground beef, garlic and diced onions in a skillet 'til browned.
Pour off the fat and set aside.
Combine all the ingredients in the crockpot except the pasta.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, on high for 3 to 4 hours.
During the last 30 to 45 minutes stir in the pasta. Make sure it's submerged below the liquid.
Cover and cook until pasta is tender.