Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes
Want some deliciously easy comfort food? Here is our crock pot chicken and potatoes recipe. It's super easy. You can make it with fresh veggies or use frozen. It can also be converted into a freezer meal VERY easily.
- 2 chicken breasts diced into large chunks
- 4 medium potatoes washed and diced
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 15- ounce can cream of celery soup
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Wash, peel, and prep the veggies as directed.
Spray, butter or oil the slow cooker insert. Then toss in the vegetables and then the chicken.
Mix the cream of celery soup, broth and ranch seasoning in a separate bowl, then pour over the top.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Or on high for 4 to 4 1/2.
Freezer Meal Prep
Place prepared meat and vegetables in a pre-labeled gallon-sized freezer bag. (see note)
Mix the broth and soup and pour over the top.
Lay flat, squeeze out excess air and freeze flat.
Defrost in refrigerator overnight before cooking.
Freezing your potatoes is optional. I personally do not. Some people do and have great results.
This recipe is one of the few I've seen it work out well with. Why? I think (and this is a guess) it's the surrounding liquids (the soup/broth) mixture poured over the top and surrounding the potatoes.
You have several options:
- Freeze fresh potatoes and make sure the soup/broth mixture covers/surrounds them.
- Wait until you put the meal in the crockpot and add the cut up potatoes then.
- Use prepared, frozen potatoes (like hashbrowns)