Easy Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
This easy crockpot taco soup recipe is delicious! It’s mild enough for kids, but just spicy enough not to be boring. It’s freezer friendly before or after cooking. And you can cook it using your slow cooker or on the stove-top.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef or use slow cooker make ahead ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans with liquid
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn with liquid
- 1 8-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cups water or beef broth
- 2 14.5-ounce can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers
- 1 1.25-ounce package taco seasoning mix or 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
Crock Pot Directions:
In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef and onions until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
Place the ground beef mixture, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker.
Mix to blend and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Or high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Freezer Meal Directions:
Cook the ground beef or medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
Dump the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning into a large, freezer-safe bag. Close and knead to mix.
Open the bag and toss in the remaining ingredients.
Lay flat, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
Stove Top Directions:
Use a large skillet to fry the ground beef and onions over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink, and the onions are translucent. Drain the grease.
Pour the tomato paste and diced tomatoes into the skillet. Add the taco seasoning. Stir well.
Turn heat to low and add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.