If you’re a green bean casserole lover AND you’re out of oven space…this crock pot green bean casserole is gonna be super handy! It tastes just like the deliciousness that comes out of the oven BUT you’ve got one less pan to deal with :)
Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole Topics
Quick Jump Links
A Slight Mod on the Classic Green Bean Casserole
This recipe only has a slight modification from the classic yumminess of French’s Recipe. Instead of regular milk, I used evaporated milk. Not because their recipe needed improvement…because those of us that love this classic know it doesn’t need that.
Regular milk is a gamble in the slow cooker. I don’t know the science behind it. It just doesn’t work out through a long cooking process always. Now me personally, I’ve always had great results with regular milk when I make this Crockpot Potato Soup, but not with many other recipes. It can separate and make a meal that is usually delish, look (and sometimes taste) rather gross.
So I decided to give evaporated milk a shot…and it was a huge success! So if you need to free up some oven space, give it a shot…and Rock that Crock!
Step-by-Step Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe
The crockpot version is just as easy as the classic!
- Open your green beans and if you’re using canned ones, drain them
- Toss all your ingredients in the slow cooker (excluding half the fried onions)
- Mix well and top with the remaining onions
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
I’ve not tried this recipe on high yet, so I don’t know if it will work as quite as well. Let me know if you try it, I’d love to know…and I’ll update this recipe once I give it a shot too :)
Printable and Pin It for Later for Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 12- ounce can evaporated milk
- 8 cups green beans or 4 cans, drained
- 2 2/3 cups crispy fried onions (2 large canisters)
- Salt and/or Pepper to Taste
- Add all the ingredients to the crockpot except one canister of fried onions.
- Stir well to combine and top with the remaining canister of fried onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Main Dishes This Crockpot Green Bean Casserole ROCKS!
- 3-Ingredient Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- Bacon Maple Garlic Crock Pot Pork Loin
- Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
- Pineapple Glazed Pork Loin Crock Pot Recipe