It’s all to let you know about the information SlowCookerKitchen.com collects. First and foremost, we want you to know that we always RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY and WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR DATA. We have no desire for our own personal information to be misused, so we respect the same rights of others.
Info You Voluntarily Submit to the Site
We may collect certain personal information that you voluntarily submit to the website. Such as an email or your name.
Submitting a Comment
Comments are at the end of an article and/or recipe. When commenting you input your name, email and optionally your website.
The name you submit is visible. Your email address is NOT. If you submit a website, other users are able to click on your name and follow that link to your website.
Subscribing to Our Newsletter
When we release a new recipe/article/post OR we find an excellent new offer/item we believe you’d be interested in…we want to tell you about it. You have the option to receive this information, it is NOT required.
They are a very reputable company. You can opt-out of receiving our emails at any time you wish. You can do this via the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails we send or through ConvertKit here: [email protected]
Automatically Collected Info
We automatically collect some data about you and/or the device you use to access our website. Those items include your IP address, browser type, referring website, pages views, operating system, links clicked and dates/times you accessed the website.
Cookies are tiny stored data files. You can read a more in-depth definition @ https://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/cookie.html
Cookies are used to decrease website load time and for us to see where you go, what you like, etc.
MY way of explanation for cookies is like this…They are used specifically to provide a better user experience. Basically, so we can write more stuff you’re interested in and not bore you with a lot of pages like this one.
LEGALLY cookies are used for things like:
- Creating Accounts/User Profiles/Contact information
- Emails: Includes both notification of new recipes/articles/blog posts and other cool stuff we think you’d like. Some of that “cool stuff” is affiliate links and later some will be our own creations you can purchase if you like.
- You can see more info on that up above under the heading “Subscribing to Our Newsletter”.
- “Contacting Us” Responses: User support is important. We need your email address and name to provide that. See above under “Contacting Us” for more info on that one.
- Website operations. Including tracking and measuring advertising. And to protect both the user and the website from unauthorized and illegal activities.
3rd Party Use of Personal Info
We might share your information with 3rd parties IF you explicitly authorize us to do so.
Personal information used by them is dictated by their own policies.
We currently use the following third-party providers:
- ConvertKit: This is our email service provider and you can read more about them in the section above about opting-in to receive our newsletter. You can also see opt-out information in the same section.
- Google Analytics: This service is used to track website usage. What pages you visit, how long you’re there, etc. That’s basically to see what you are interested in, what you like and what bores the heck out of you…so I don’t waste your time or mine.
- Amazon: We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. That’s an affiliate program that lets us make a tiny commission for referring products we think you’ll like. It doesn’t cost you any more to click on the links and purchase those items through our website AND we can make a little $$$ to keep creating and writing recipes, pay the electric bill, etc.
We use social sharing buttons on our website. Facebook, Google+, etc. They are used to share things directly from our website to whatever social media platform you prefer.
The social media platforms we use are listed below. We’ve also provided links to all their privacy policies. This way, you can make an informed decision as to which platforms you are personally comfortable using.
- BlogLovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
- Google+: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=us
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/about/legal/terms/api/
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
- StumbleUpon: http://help.stumbleupon.com/customer/portal/articles/665220-privacy-policy-
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/privacy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
If you’d like more information about this practice and opt-in/opt-out options, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Your Personal Information Rights
You have the following rights concerning any and all of your data for this website AND any other website or platform. You can accomplish any and all of the aforementioned listing by Contact Us or by emailing me directly @ [email protected]
- Opt-out: You can opt-out of receiving email. Please see the section above for detail on contacting us and our “unsubscribe” feature.
- Access: You can access the personal information we have on you by using our Contact Us feature and we will provide it to you via email.
- Amend: Contact Us and we will amend or change data per your request.
- Forget: You can also request that we erase and forget your personal information. At times, there are legal reasons we are required to retain specific information.