Crockpot Meatloaf Links:
In This Article (click headings to jump)
We used shredded cheddar cheese in our meatloaf recipe this round. It's completely optional but adds a delicious flavor. If you decide against it, you might need to add a bit more breadcrumbs or crackers...
If you decide against adding the sliced veggies to the crockpot...mashed potatoes are always an awesome option to serve with crockpot meatloaf 🙂
Slow Cooker Meatloaf Printable
Cheesy Crockpot Meatloaf
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion 2/3's sliced thin and 1/3 diced fine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 cup catsup
- 3 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs or crushed crackers
- 1 to 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 cups of carrots (optional)
- 2 large potatoes sliced (optional)
- Use a large bowl and mix the following together: Meat, diced onion, garlic, both eggs, the soup mix, all the shredded cheese, all the bread crumbs/crackers, about a 1/4 cup of the catsup, and about 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix it up well and form into a loaf, ball, or some sort of shape that sticks together.
- Butter or spray the crockpot insert and layer your potatoes in the bottom.
- Place the meatloaf on top and surround with carrots and sliced onions.
- In a separate bowl mix the remaining catsup and Worcestershire sauce with the honey and garlic powder.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the meatloaf. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Follow steps #1 and #2 from the slow cooker method.
- Pour 3/4's cup of water into your pressure cooker.
- Mix the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Spray your steam rack with non-stick spray and place it in the pressure cooker insert with the handles up.
- Layer sliced potatoes over the rack, season with salt and pepper if desired. Place meatloaf in the center of potatoes and surround it with the carrots and onions.
- Close and lock the lid. Program high pressure for 25 minutes with the vent closed.
- 2 Options from hereSome folks prefer to bake their homemade meatloaf at this stage. Some just don't have the time or want to do the step. Like browning meats before slow cooking, it DOES add flavor and improve the texture. BUT it is totally optional. Here are your two options:1. Preheat oven to broil. Quick Release pressure cooker and carefully remove rack. Transfer to oven and broil for 5 minutes. Pour and brush sauce over the meatloaf. Broil for 4 additional minutes. 2. Quick Release. Remove lid and allow steam to escape for 3-5 minutes. Brush the sauce over the meatloaf, cover with the lid and allow to rest for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And spray or oil a square or oblong casserole dish.
- Mix ingredients per slow cooker directions above (see steps 1 & 2). Mix the sauce per slow cooker method line #5.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the dish, add the meatloaf to the center, and surround with carrots and onions. Pour and spread sauce over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour until juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Meatloaf - Mix and form your meatloaf as desired per the directions under the slow cooker method. Oil or spray a baking sheet and lay meatloaf on it. Freezer overnight (or at least until frozen hard enough to handle without coming apart, usually 3-4 hrs).
- Sauce - Pour the ketchup honey, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce into a sandwich bag. Zip closed while removing as much air as possible. Knead to combine ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to add to the freezer bag.
- Freezer Prep - Transfer frozen meatloaf and sauce bag to 1-gallon freezer bag. Add a label with the reminder you will need carrots, potatoes, and onions to round out this dish. Freeze up to 3 months.
Easy Meatloaf Recipe Pinnable