A Full Dinner Couldn't Be Easier
Barbecue chicken just screams summer! And these crock pot BBQ chicken thighs not only take just 5 to 7 minutes to prep, they only take 6 ingredients too. And that's the whole dinner, veggies and all 🙂
Wash your veggies, toss everything in the slow cooker in layers and walk away! Well, you'd best put the lid on and turn on the crockpot too, but really that's it! There is no work before prep work nor any extra steps before supper. Walk in, dish it up and serve. Dinner's all in one pot!
Most grocery stores have these pre-seasoned chicken thighs. They have legs too, but this recipe is about chicken thighs. So we'll focus on those. I've never actually bought them before this recipe. But I wanted chicken and they were running a sale on the pre-seasoned thighs.
I guess someone in the meat department got happy with the shaker. Every piece of chicken in the department was seasoned. I kid you not. And there was a LOT of chicken too. So preseasoned bbq chicken thighs for the crock pot it was.
You Can Make Your Own BBQ Rub too!
If you'd rather make your own rub, that's completely cool. I've done it several times in the past. I've just never written it down. This video by Badass BBQ Rub is an awesome choice.
I've used this recipe a couple times before. It's yummy!
Bone-In Chicken With the Skin is Your Best Bet Most Times
Chicken's an awesome crockpot meat. BUT a key that most folks don't know...and I sure didn't a few years ago...is that boneless, skinless chicken anything is really hard to keep juicy in the crockpot. The bone and the skin both help the chicken remain very tender and juicy. That leads to yummy results and satisfied bellies. So it's a great choice.
If you're a busy person and use the slow cooker to help you out there, your best bet it most likely bone-in chicken with the skin. If you don't like the skin or don't eat it for dietary reasons, just pull it off before you eat it. There's enough of this sauce that makes it to the skin for it to still be delish!
Grab All Your Ingredients...
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Thighs Ingredients:
Pretty much you need meat, veggies and a sauce...
For this recipe, you'll need a couple pounds of pre-seasoned barbecue chicken thighs, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of potatoes, 4 to 6 half ears of corn, 4 to 6 medium carrots, a pound of green beans and about a cup of barbecue sauce.
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Thighs Layers...
After you spray, butter or oil the crock pot insert toss you ingredients in. Don't forget to wash the veggies. You can peel the carrots if you want, but it isn't necessary.
- Layer #1: Potatoes
- Layer #2: Corn, Carrots & Green Beans
- Chicken Thighs
- Barbecue Sauce
Cover that baby and cook on low 5 to 8 hours. When you walk in the door just dish it up! No. Extra. Work.
Yummy, easy and delicious...just another recipe that'll rock your crock!
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 3 to 4 pounds barbecue chicken thighs or you can add your own barbecue seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds baby or fingerling potatoes these were steakhouse potatoes
- 4 to 6 medium carrots
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 4 to 6 corn on the cob halves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Spray or oil the crockpot
- Layer ingredients in the following order: Potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, chicken
- Pour the barbecue sauce over everything
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours
If you like this recipe you might want to check out these too:
- 5-Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Breast Dinner This recipe works out well even USING those boneless, skinless chicken breast I talked about NOT using. It works 'cause it's covered with sauce during the entire cooking process. Or at least that's my guess as to why.
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Creamy deliciousness just like Marie Calendar's and KFC
- Slow Cooker Angel Chicken This is one of the easiest, yummiest crock pot chicken recipes EVER!
Try a couple of them out! Give us a shout out on the Facebook page too. Let us know how you like 'em.