Beef and broccoli is a classic Americanized Chinese. AND this crock pot beef and broccoli recipe takes it one step farther… Cause this way, you can have classic Chinese deliciousness any time you want! Right out of the crockpot :)
This Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe is a Freezer Meal Too!
Yep! This is another crockpot freezer meal. It does NOT have to be one. But it CAN. That’s the beauty of most freezer meals…they can be tossed in a bag or two and frozen for later, or they can be tossed right in the crock pot for a delicious dinner! Either one. This one’s no exception…
For this freezer meal you just toss all the ingredients in a large zip lock bag EXCEPT the broccoli and cornstarch. That you dump in a smaller bag and add a bit before serving.
Now that I’ve said that I’ll modify it a bit…you can toss it all in one bag but your broccoli will most likely cook apart. If you don’t mind that happening, then toss it all in one bag.
But if you want it to say a bit crisps and look like and taste like the Chinese you are used to eating…just place the broccoli in a smaller bag and stick it inside the big bag.
Just rinse it off, put it in the refrigerator until a bit before supper and it’ll be fine. And this way there’s no chance of losing it in the freezer…which is always a good thing
Video for SCK’s Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe…
Printable & Pinnable for Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
Here’s the printable and pinnable versions for the recipe. I forgot to write down how many servings…I am guessing 6 to 8. Sorry about that!
- 1½ pounds beef roast or steak cut into strips steak will be more tender
- 1 to 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 med onion sliced or cut into rings
- ½ to ¾ cup beef broth depending on how much sauce you want
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 to 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Combine beef, mushrooms, onion, broth and sauces in crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
- About 45 minutes before serving dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water
- Add water/cornstarch mixture and broccoli to crock pot
- Cover and cook for the remaining 45 minutes
- Place everything except the cornstarch and broccoli in a large zip lock freezer bag
- Place the broccoli in a separate, smaller bag and place it inside the larger bag
- You CAN put the cornstarch in its own freezer bag and put it in the larger bag, it won't hurt it. You can also leave it on the shelf and not. Your choice
- Close, label and freezer bag for up to 6 weeks
- Follow directions above when ready to cook...you only need to defrost the meat enough to get it out of the bag, it does not have to be completely thawed
Hope you enjoy!