If you like potatoes and sausage anything...you are gonna LOVE our version of crock pot pierogies and sausage casserole. They turn into a warm cheesy, creamy potato dumpling dish that's different from most anything you've tasted.
In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 0.1 Slow Cooker Pierogies Casserole Freezer Meal- 20 servings in 10 minutes!
- 0.2 Printable Crock Pot Pierogies Recipes (with several options)
- 1 Crock Pot Pierogies and Sausage for 8 to 10 people (freezer meal directions too)
- 2 Slow Cooker Pierogies and Sausage for 4 to 6 servings
- 2.1 Ingredients 1x2x3x
- 2.2 Instructions
- 2.2.1 If you're using an oval crockpot just make one layer in the following order...if you're using an old-fashioned style cylinder shape, make two layers as follows: Pierogies, Sausage, Soup Mixture, Cheese
- 2.2.2 Make sure to test your dumplings for the texture and doneness you prefer before dishing it up 🙂
- 2.2.3 Please refer to the 8 to 10 serving recipe for freezer directions
- 2.2.4 2 to 3 Servings Printable
- 3 Crock Pot Pierogies and Sausage for 2 to 3 people
Slow Cooker Pierogies Casserole Freezer Meal- 20 servings in 10 minutes!
Another exceptional thing about this recipe is it's a freezer meal too! It literally took 5 minutes to dump together 4 bags of this recipe for future use. No, they didn't all stay here. I've never tried to keep them longer than 6 weeks. I have no idea how long they keep once they are assembled but I know 6 weeks works out fine...so this batch was split up like this.
- 2 quart sized bags for my friend that helped me work on my freezer meal day. These were stuffed to the brim and made her 3 servings. So that's six freezer meals for her.
- 2 gallon sized bags for here. One for us for later and another for another friend to take to work. I froze it instead of making it immediately because I didn't have an empty crockpot that day! The gallon bags weren't as full as the quart bags but they still made us 2 full meals each plus 2 smaller lunches each (I'm averaging the lunch as one "meal"...I don't know if that's the "right" way to do it or not). So 5 meals for each bag, times two is 10.
- And though I wasn't there to eat it, I'm told 8 people eat a full meal off what I made. I have no idea if there were leftovers so I'm not counting that....Nor do I know how big of meals each ate. Just that's 8 meals there...
So, all in all, we assembled 24 freezer meals in 5 minutes. That was two of us so 10 minutes if you are solo working. You sure can't beat that!
Also, in the pic above...it says "2 cups of water"...you'll see in the printable recipe below you can use water or chicken stock. Chicken stock is better but I wasn't the one writing and she was helping a LOT. So no arguments from me 😉
Printable Crock Pot Pierogies Recipes (with several options)
For the sake of cooking for a wide variety of folks AND 'cause you can make up so much of this so easily...there are 3 printable versions below. Just scroll down to take your pick.
Enjoy & Rock That Crock!
8 to 10 Servings Printable
Crock Pot Pierogies and Sausage for 8 to 10 people (freezer meal directions too)
- 18 to 20 ounces frozen pierogies
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10.5 oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar for topping
- In a separate bowl mix the soup and chicken stock
- Oil or butter the crockpot insert
- Place 1/2 of each ingredient in the following order: Pierogies, Sausage, Soup Mixture, Cheese
- Do all the layers again
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours; high for 4. Test the doneness of your pierogies to make sure they are the texture you prefer.
Freezer Meal Directions
- Toss the diced sausage and the pierogies in a zip lock bag
- Pour the soups and stock in after ~or~ if you're short on freezer space, just the soups and label your bag to add either water or stock when cooking
- Place the cheese in a separate baggie and either use freezer tape to attach it to the larger bag or place inside the larger bag.
- Squish out any access air, lay flat, label and freeze up to 6 weeks.
- Defrost a couple hours before cooking according to the directions above (overnight is cool too).
4 to 6 Servings Printable
Slow Cooker Pierogies and Sausage for 4 to 6 servings
- 2/3 's a bag of 18 to 20 ounces frozen pierogies Just toss the bag back in the freezer for later ~or~ make up a 2 to 3 serving freezer meal bag
- 2/3 package of sausage links diced
- 1/2 can cream of chicken soup freeze the rest for later or see the note above with the pierogies
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1/3 cups chicken stock or water
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar for topping
- Mix the soups and chicken stock in a separate bowl, set aside
- Butter or spray the slow cooker insert
If you're using an oval crockpot just make one layer in the following order...if you're using an old-fashioned style cylinder shape, make two layers as follows: Pierogies, Sausage, Soup Mixture, Cheese
- Cover & Cook on low for 5 to 7 hours; high for about 3 1/2 hours
Make sure to test your dumplings for the texture and doneness you prefer before dishing it up 🙂
Please refer to the 8 to 10 serving recipe for freezer directions
2 to 3 Servings Printable
Crock Pot Pierogies and Sausage for 2 to 3 people
- 9 to 10- ounce package of frozen potato pierogies or half a bag of larger size
- 1/2 pound link sausage of your choice diced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheeses
- Spray or butter the crockpot insert
- Mix the soups and broth in a separate bowl and set aside
- Place layers in the crock pot as follows: pierogies, diced sausage, soup mixture, and cheese
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 5 hours and test the dumplings for doneness before serving