Just 6 Easy Ingredients and 5 Minutes 'til Deliciousness!
It's shrimp season! Grilled shrimp, shrimp foil packets, shrimp alfredo AND slow cooker shrimp too 🙂 Delicious, light and super tasty.
Hubby is always super excited when shrimp season gets here. Just about any way it can be made, that man loves it. I love the fact its so easy to find and lots cheaper.
Crock Pot Shrimp Dinner Ideas Index
In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 0.1 Just 6 Easy Ingredients and 5 Minutes 'til Deliciousness!
- 0.2 Crock Pot Shrimp Dinner Ideas Index
- 0.3 Gather Your Ingredients...
- 0.4 Layer #1
- 0.5 Layer #2
- 0.6 Layer #3
- 0.7 Yummy Slow Cooker Shrimp 🙂
- 0.8 Printable for Slow Cooker Shrimp & Sausage Dinner
- 1 Slow Cooker Shrimp and Sausage Dinner
- 2 Crockpot Jambalaya
There's not a lot to this recipe either. Just toss in your ingredients, cover, and cook.
You can use frozen shrimp and it can cook for several hours without issue. If you use fresh or thawed shrimp, you'll need to toss it in during the last hour. You can also use peeled or unpeeled shrimp too. You'll know supper's done when the shrimp are pink and tender.
Just a quick note on shrimp...grey is raw, pink is cooked...white is over cooked. Pink and curly is your goal. Your cook time will vary depending on the shrimp size, fresh or frozen and if it's shell on or shell off. It's sooooo worth watching it the first time to get your time down. It's yummy!
Slow Cooker Shrimp Step-by-Step Layers
Gather Your Ingredients...
You just need a pound each of shrimp and sausage, a few potatoes, a couple ears of corn, one lemon, and 1/2 cup chicken stock
Toss in your veggies, then the sausage
Toss on the shrimp
Lay out the lemon slices & Pour the chicken stock over the top. Cover & cook on low...
Yummy Slow Cooker Shrimp 🙂
Give it a shot! Let us know what you think too. Either comment here or give us a shout on the Facebook page.
Printable for Slow Cooker Shrimp & Sausage Dinner
Slow Cooker Shrimp and Sausage Dinner
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 6-8 small red potatoes
- 2-4 ears of corn
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Spray the crockpot insert
- Toss in the veggies and sausage pieces
- Toss in the shrimp IF you're using frozen shrimp; if using fresh wait <g class="gr_ gr_175 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" id="175" data-gr-id="175">til</g> 1 hour before you're ready to eat
- Cover and cook on low until your potatoes are tender and the shrimp is pink.
Crockpot Shrimp "Pin It for Later"
More Slow Cooker Shrimp & Creole Dinner Ideas...
If you like this recipe here's a couple more we think you'll like too!
Crockpot Shrimp Jambalaya
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup diced celery sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (don't drain it)
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta or quick-cook rice
- Place the chicken, celery, pepper, onion, garlic, seasonings, and tomatoes in the crockpot
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours
- Remove the bay leaves and through them out, they are not digestible and they can cut your throat if you try to eat them
- Stir in the rice or orzo, turn heat to high. Cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes (until the rice/orzo is tender)
- Stir in the shrimp, cover and cook 20 more minutes
One-Pot Smoked Sausage Dinner
Simple, easy and delicious too!
Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste 1/2 cup water
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon dried basil 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
1 pound spaghetti, cooked and drained
Shredded Parmesan cheese
In a slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 20 minutes longer or just until shrimp are heated through. Serve over spaghetti. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.