Here’s a super easy, 5-ingredient slow cooker pot roast recipe! It only takes a couple minutes to toss together and it got rave reviews here!
Quick heads-up on this recipe. You do NOT have to cut up the meat into bite-sized pieces. I did because we were feeding littles. It was more of a beef tips and gravy when it was done so you have two recipes for one…or actually five…you can read about that below :)
Also if you’re concerned about sodium or prefer to eat a more whole-foods diet, there are homemade recipes for ALL the seasoning mixes. Those are below. PLUS I found a sodium-free beef bouillon on Amazon that’ll work great for anyone on a low-sodium diet. I’ve not tried it personally but it has very good reviews.
SOOOO, this post has a whole bunch of options recipe wise. There’s a slow cooker pot roast recipe, a beef tips and gravy recipe (if you decide to dice up the meat like we did), a homemade ranch dressing recipe, homemade beef gravy mix recipe AND a homemade Italian seasoning recipe.
Freezer Meal Alert!
One last note…this makes a perfect freezer meal. Just toss the roast in a baggie, sprinkle in the seasonings and pour the broth over the top. Seal and label and toss that baby in the freezer for up to 3 months.
All the printables are below. Just click on any one of the links below and it’ll take you right to it.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know if you like…and have fun Rockin’ that Crock!
Printable Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe (or Beef Tips and Gravy)
- 2 to 2½ pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 envelope Ranch seasoning ~or~ here's a homemade version
- 1 envelope Italian seasoning ~or~ here's a homemade version
- 1 envelope beef gravy mix ~or~ here's a homemade version
- 1 cup beef stock
- Dice the roast into 2 to 3 inch chunks and toss them in an oiled crockpot
- Mix the gravy mixes with the beef broth and pour over the top of the roast
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours on low ~or~ for 3½ to 4 hours on high
- Stir and serve over potatoes, pasta or rice
- Toss everything in a large freezer bag
- Label and freeze for up to 3 months
- Thaw overnight before cooking OR cook an extra 1 to 2 hours
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
- ⅔ cup buttermilk powder
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 tablespoons Dried Onion, Minced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 teaspoons Dill Weed
- 4 packets True Lemon (this is a powdered lemon and optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried Tarragon
- ¼ cup dried Chives
- ¼ cup dried Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- Toss all the ingredients into a food processor or blender
- Pulse for 30 to 60 seconds until its completely combined
- Store in a covered canister for up to 3 months
Italian Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- Toss all the ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
- If you'd like a finer consistency like the packages, combine all the herbs in a food processor or blender and pulse or 30 to 60 seconds.
- Store in a closed canister.
Homemade Beef Gravy Mix Recipe
- ¼ cup beef bouillon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients.
equalsone purchased packet.
- tablespoon butter
- cup cold water
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat
- In a separate bowl or cup combine the cold water and 2 tablespoons of the gravy mix
- Gently pour the gravy mix into the skillet while whisking
- Bring to a boil and stir til thickened. It usually takes 2 to 3 minutes
- Makes 1 cup