Have You Ever Had Angel Chicken & Pasta? If not, you are totally missing out. And if you've never made it in the crockpot, well you're missing out on a super easy dish too!
It's a lot like fettuccine alfredo but sooooo much easier. AND this slow cooker angel chicken & pasta is even easier than making it in the skillet.
BUT, you may not want to make it in your crockpot. Or forget...or need it now! So, we've got you directions 4 ways...slow cooker, instant pot, stovetop and freezer directions are all provided below.
Creamy chicken recipes are some of my favorite crockpot recipes! They are super kid-friendly, simple, and absolutely delicious! Check out these ideas for more delicious ideas!
Crock Pot Angel Chicken Notes
If you know you're going to be in a super hurry when you toss the chicken in...just make the pasta the night before. Or even the weekend before...it's super forgiving that way. Just knock off a couple of minutes from your usual "doneness" and you'll be all set.
Toss the pasta in the refrigerator and add it in the last 45 to 60 minutes for excellent, creamy deliciousness. If you'd rather have more of a home-style dish, you can even substitute the noodles for the ones used in our crock pot beef & noodles. The dish looks completely different AND you'll need to add a couple of cups more broth but it works and it's delicious as well.
Whichever sort of pasta you use it will NOT matter. This recipe is on the top of our yummy list around here.
Give it a shot and tell us what you think. Holler if you need us...and enjoy the fast prep & slow cookin' 🙂
Add-ins are great! You can toss in a veggie and make your angel chicken a more nutritious meal. For this recipe, we added just a cup of spinach.
But you can add all sorts of veggies to change this recipe up. And seriously, let's get real for a sec. Some kids just don't like vegetables. No matter what kind it is.
When my son was little, I used to add vegetables like the spinach in this recipe. I knew, even though he picked a lot of it out, that he was eating a little bit. Sometimes with kiddos, that's the best we can expect.
I've tried all these add-ins when making slow cooker angel chicken. All of them turned out very well. And these are just a few ideas. Let me know if you have more ideas, I'll add them to the list!
- English peas
- Peas & Carrots
- Yellow Squash
- Green Beans
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken & Pasta
- 8 oz cream cheese softened or diced into chunks
- 2 can(s) cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 2 pack(s) Italian dressing mix
- 1/2-1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 lb(s) boneless, skinless chicken any type
- 1 lb(s) pasta cooked al dente ahead of time
- green onions or parsley for garnish optional
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Spray, oil, or butter the slow cooker insert.
- Mix the broth, soup, and Italian dressing mix directly in the crockpot. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken, dice if desired.
- Add softened, diced cream cheese, chicken, and al dente pasta.
- Stir well. Cover and cook just long enough to heat the pasta through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheeses if desired.
- Follow slow cooker steps 1 & 2.
- Cover and lock. Manual high 10 minutes. Natural release 10 more minutes.
- Follow steps #4 thru #7 from slow cooker directions. Use the saute function to heat through.
- Follow slow cooker directions #1 & #2. Cook in a large, deep, covered skillet over medium heat 5-7 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook an additional 7-10 minutes; or until chicken is cooked through.
- Follow steps #4 through #7 from slow cooker directions.
- Add chicken, soup, dressing mix, and chicken broth to a 1-gallon freezer bag.
- Remove cream cheese from foil and place in a sandwich bag, zip close, and toss into the gallon bag.
- Make a note on your meal planning calendar and your freezer label you'll need: Pasta of choice, parmesan, and/or green onions.