In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 0.1 This Casserole is Epically Delicious & Super Easy!
- 0.2 Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 1 Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Boy oh boy...do I have a recipe for you! Bacon & ranch would make it worth making but adding in chicken & bacon...well you've got one heck of a chicken bacon ranch casserole on your hands 🙂 If you can find 10 minutes in the morning before you go to work OR 10 minutes the previous night, you are golden.
The only prep work before tossing everything in the crockpot is precooking the pasta a bit. You CAN skip this part but I personally don't like the taste. I'm in search of a type/brand of pasta that can handle this cooking method. IF I find it, you guys will be the first to know.
Also, I used precooked chicken overnight. Again, super easy and less than 5 minutes to toss together. That recipe can be found here.
I'll not hold off any longer...this recipe is amazing. It got rave reviews all the way around too. Let us know if you like it.
You can check out the video right below, the step by step recipe, and the pinnable and printable versions are right at the bottom.
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Gather your ingredients:
- Pasta -I used Italian Trottole...it has a really cool shape
- Precooked Chicken - You can purchase rotisserie chicken OR you can make your own precooked (freezer) chicken
- Precooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1 stick of butter (not margarine)
- Shredded cheeses of your choice
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Ranch dressing mix
- Salt and pepper
Toss everything in the slow cooker:
- You can or you don't have to precook the pasta. Only partially if you do it...I prefer this taste to tossing it in straight out of the package. Some brands seem to do better than others and some shapes as well. This is the version I used. I've not tried using it in any slow cooker recipes without boiling it a bit first. I do know it's possible, I just haven't yet. It's also a very cool shape and has a great texture. I boiled it about 6 minutes...
- The chicken was cooked overnight...if you missed the link up top, that recipe is here.
- You can also use bacon OR bacon bits...it completely depends on your preferences AND the amount of time you have to deal with it. I was running short on time so I used these bacon bits that are nitrates.
Stir it up, cover and cook on low for up to 6 hours...
Creamy, gooey deliciousness the whole family will LOVE!
Here's the printable version of this recipe. Again...let us know how you like it! Have fun ROCKIN' THAT CROCK 🙂
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds precooked chicken
- 1 package bacon precooked
- 1 stick butter not margarine
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter or spray the slow cooker insert.
- Toss everything in the crockpot except the reserved 1/2 cup of shredded cheeses.
- Stir it up well, cover and cook on low for up to six hours. It'll be done around 5 but the extra hour doesn't hurt anything. If you need it to make it a bit longer just add a little extra liquid.
- Add the last of the cheese, cover and allow to rest 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
If you're in the mood for MORE tortellini casserole ideas...check these out! They aren't all crock pot recipes but hey, it's still tortellini :)Broccoli-Tortellini Salad
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 onion, chopped
5 slices pancetta bacon, raw
1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bacon until onion is translucent and bacon is brown; remove from skillet and drain on paper towelling.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Return onion/bacon mixture to skillet and add cooked tortellini. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat through. Place in serving dish or bowl, sprinkle with vinegar and cheese and serve immediately.
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
1 medium onion, chopped 2 tablespoons butter
3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon dried or fresh tarragon or thyme (optional) flour for dredging
2 1I2 cups Newman's Own All- Natural Alfredo Sauce
10 ounces cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions
chopped parsley for garnish
Saute onion in butter until limp and set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add tarragon or thyme, if desired. Dredge in flour and saute in pan used to saute onion for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add onions, Alfredo sauce, and tortellini. Stir together, heating thoroughly for 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and diced peppers as desired.
Chicken Tortellini Soup
7 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes; add the tortellini and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until tortellini is heated through.