Welcome to our mouthwatering journey into the world of Crockpot Corn Casserole, a delightfully super easy side dish that will elevate any meal. If you're tired of juggling oven space during holiday feasts like Christmas dinner or simply want a hassle-free side dish for your family dinners, this recipe is about to become one of your favorite things.
In this post, we'll explore the benefits of using a slow cooker for this recipe, share the full list of ingredients you'll need, and guide you through the simple steps to create this creamy, cheesy, and flavorful corn casserole. So, let's dive right in!
You don't have to just have it during the holiday season. We don't have it every week or anything like that, but we do have it every couple months. It's one of those great dishes that almost everyone likes and it's so very easy too.
If you're looking for more holiday meal options, check these yummy recipes out! They all work in the crock pot too 🙂
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Spiral Ham
- Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
- Crockpot Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
Why Make Your Corn Casserole in Your Slow Cooker?
I don't know about your house, but here, there is seldom enough room when holiday baking and dinners occur. And there are others, here are a few:
- Slow cooking brings out the best in this corn casserole, allowing flavors to meld together beautifully.
- It frees up precious oven space, making it perfect for holiday gatherings like Christmas dinner.
- Set it and forget it! Minimal effort, maximum flavor.
- The creamy texture is achieved effortlessly in a slow cooker.
Check out the step-by-step directions below ~or~ if you're in a hurry just click here to be taken directly to the pinnable and printables for this awesome recipe!
Crockpot Corn Casserole Step-by-Step
Gather your ingredients...
Combine all the ingredients except the shredded cheese...
Psstt. The butter is optional but it gives it a wonderful flavor. If you aren't counting calories don't leave it out 😉
Mix it up and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour it in the crock pot and top with shredded cheeses.
Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
Serve it up as a yummy side for just about any meal 🙂
Slow Cooker Corn Casserole Pinnable & Printable...
Alternative Cooking Methods for Crockpot Corn Casserole
Instant Pot Corn Casserole
- Recommended: Yes
- Instant Pots are versatile kitchen wizards, but they're not always the best choice for every dish. For our beloved Crockpot Corn Casserole, it's a resounding "Yes, you can!" Using the Instant Pot's slow cooker function, you can achieve the same creamy, cheesy goodness as your trusty crockpot.
Oven-Baked Corn Casserole
- Recommended: Yes
- If you don't have a slow cooker or Instant Pot, don't despair! You can still enjoy this dish by baking it in the oven. Simply preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), follow the same recipe as the slow cooker version, but use an oven-safe casserole dish. Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until it's golden and set.
Now, for those of you opting for the oven-baked method, here's a simple recipe using the exact same ingredients:
Oven-Baked Easy Corn Casserole Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x13-inch oven-safe casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the drained corn, creamed corn, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and melted butter until well combined.
- Add the corn muffin mix to the bowl and gently fold it into the mixture.
- Pour this delectable mixture into your prepared casserole dish, ensuring it's spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top, creating a tantalizing cheese crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the casserole is golden and set. The edges should pull away from the sides, just like in the slow cooker version.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and then dive in. Enjoy your oven-baked Crockpot Corn Casserole!
For a slow cooker or Instant Pot version, simply refer back to the earlier section for the detailed recipe.
Printable Crockpot Corn Casserole Recipe
Slow Cooker Corn Casserole
- 2 can(s) corn drained
- 1 can(s) cream-style corn
- 1 block(s) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray or butter the crockpot insert
- Combine all the ingredients except the cheese
- Pour in the slow cooker and top with cheese
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- When it's done it will start pulling away from the side of the crockpot
Q&A: All Your Crockpot Corn Casserole Questions Answered
Are you curious about the ins and outs of making Crockpot Corn Casserole? We've got you covered!
Q1: Is this a difficult recipe to master?
- A: Not at all! It's an easy recipe that even first-timers can whip up with confidence. Simple ingredients, minimal prep, and slow cooking do most of the work.
Q2: Can I make it ahead of time for a family dinner?
- A: Absolutely! Prepare it ahead, and it's a breeze to reheat. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Q3: What's the secret behind the creamy texture?
- A: Cream cheese and slow cooking work their magic here, giving you that dreamy, creamy texture everyone loves.
Q4: Can I use an Instant Pot instead of a crockpot?
- A: Yes, you can! Just set your Instant Pot to the slow cooker function, and follow the same recipe.
Q5: Are there any alternative ingredients for a twist?
- A: Sure! Try swapping cheddar for pepper jack cheese for a little kick or using whole-kernel corn for a different texture.
Q6: Is it a good choice for a side dish at holiday gatherings?
- A: It's perfect! This cheesy corn casserole is a crowd-pleaser, ideal for Christmas dinner or any special occasion.
Q7: What are the best side dishes to pair it with?
- A: Consider serving it with holiday ham, green chiles for a bit of heat, or bell peppers for extra flavor.
Q8: Can I make this into a main course?
- A: Absolutely! While it shines as a side, you can enjoy it as a main dish for a cozy family dinner.
Q9: What's the recommended cooking time in a slow cooker?
- A: For that perfect texture, let it cook on low for 4-6 hours. The result? A savory side dish that's a hit every time.
Q10: Is it a calorie-conscious recipe?
- A: It's not exactly diet food, but it's worth every calorie. For those watching their intake, portion control is the key.
Q11: How do I prevent sticking to the crockpot?
- A: Use nonstick cooking spray or grease your crockpot insert before adding the mixture. Butter has always worked the best for me. And it adds wonderful flavors.
Q12: Can I make it spicier?
- A: Of course! Add some green chiles or pepper jack cheese for a zesty kick.
Q13: What's the ideal serving temperature?
- A: Serve it warm at room temperature to enjoy the full flavor.
Q14: Any tips for first-timers?
- A: Don't worry; it's hard to mess up! Just follow the simple recipe, and you'll have a delicious dish.
Q15: What's the best way to store leftovers?
- A: Place any extras in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. It reheats like a dream!
Q16: Can you tell me more about the nutritional values of this dish?
- A: Certainly! While it's a crowd favorite, it's good to keep an eye on portion sizes if you're following a calorie-conscious diet. It isn't meant to be a regular side dish, its a treat and a bit fattening.
Q17: Is it possible to make this dish even quicker for last-minute gatherings?
- A: Absolutely! The baked method works faster when you are in a hurry. That recipe is listed above and is delicious as well.
Q18: Can you share some creative variations for this classic side dish?
- A: Certainly! You can jazz it up with spicy cheeses, diced peppers, or even canned chile peppers. Experimentation is the key to making it your own!
Q19: Any tips for first-timers trying this corn casserole recipe?
- A: Don't worry if it's your first time. This dish is forgiving and simple to make. Just double-check the center to make sure it is no longer doughy and follow the recipe card, and you'll be serving up a perfect side dish in no time.
Q20: What's the best way to transport this dish to a potluck or picnic?
- A: Wrap your whole crockpot in a two large towels. Set one towl under the slow cooker and wrap over. Place the next towel over the top and wrap under. It will make it easier to carry too!
Q21: Can you suggest other great side dishes to complement this one?
- A: Absolutely! This corn casserole pairs perfectly with our green bean casserole or our country-style mashed potatoes. It's a versatile addition to any meal.
Q22: I see mention of an Amazon Associate. Can you explain what that is?
- A: The Amazon Associate program allows us to earn a small commission when you purchase products through our recommended links. It's a great way to support the website and keep the recipes coming!
Q23: Can you share some storage tips for leftovers?
- A: Of course! Place any remaining casserole in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It reheats beautifully!
Q24: How long does it typically take to cook this corn casserole in a slow cooker?
- A: The magic happens in about 4 to 6 hours on the low setting. The result is a creamy, dreamy dish.
Q25: What makes this corn casserole one of the best things to serve at gatherings?
- A: It's the perfect side dish for any occasion. With its creamy texture and lots of sweet corn flavor, it's a classic favorite that everyone loves.
Q26: Can you describe the flavor profile of this dish in a few words?
- A: This corn casserole boasts a rich, creamy texture with the sweetness of corn shining through. It's comfort food at its finest.
Q27: Can you provide some tips for making the cream cheese mixture perfectly creamy?
- A: Sure thing! Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients. This ensures a smooth, lump-free mixture.
Q28: What's the best way to present this dish at a summer gathering?
- A: It's a great option for summer months. Simply serve it warm or at room temperature, and it'll be a hit at any picnic or BBQ.
Q29: Is it possible to make this dish a day ahead for convenience?
- A: Absolutely! Prepare it the day before, and then store it in the refrigerator. Just reheat it when you're ready to serve.
Now that we've answered your burning questions about Crockpot Corn Casserole, it's time to enjoy this creamy, cheesy, and utterly delightful dish. Happy cooking!