In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 0.1 An Excellent Side for Any Holiday Meal!
- 0.2 Gather your ingredients...
- 0.3 Combine all the ingredients except the shredded cheese...
- 0.4 Mix it up and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 0.5 Pour it in the crock pot and top with shredded cheeses.
- 0.6 Serve it up as a yummy side for just about any meal 🙂
- 1 Slow Cooker Corn Casserole
An Excellent Side for Any Holiday Meal!
Corn casserole is a great side dish for any holiday. It pairs up great with any just about any meat you can think of. BUT there isn't always room in the oven once you pack it out with the feast. That's when this slow cooker corn casserole rocks the house!
You don't have to just have it during the holiday season. We don't have it every week or anything like that, but we do have it every couple months. It's one of those great dishes that most everyone likes and it's so very easy too.
If you're looking for more holiday options, check these yummy recipes out! They all work in the crock pot too 🙂
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Spiral Ham
- Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
- Crockpot Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
Check out the step-by-step directions below ~or~ if you're in a hurry just click here to be taken directly to the pinnable and printables for this awesome recipe!
Gather your ingredients...
Combine all the ingredients except the shredded cheese...
Psstt. The butter is optional but it gives it a wonderful flavor. If you aren't counting calories don't leave it out 😉
Mix it up and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour it in the crock pot and top with shredded cheeses.
Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
Serve it up as a yummy side for just about any meal 🙂
Slow Cooker Corn Casserole Pinnable & Printable...
Slow Cooker Corn Casserole
- 2 cans corn drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray or butter the crockpot insert
- Combine all the ingredients except the cheese
- Pour in the slow cooker and top with cheese
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- When it's done it will start pulling away from the side of the crockpot
If I doubleave the recipe, does it take extra cooking time?
I honestly have never tried. But since it's a pudding of sorts I would think yes. Just watch the edges for darkening too much and if necessary stir it. If you need to do that you'll still be able to smush it back down and have the top brown and finish nicely. So it will still look nice.
Can I mix all ingredients the day before I plan on cooking?
Refrigerated overnight? Then put in crock pot?
You sure can. You'll need to keep it covered and your cook time may decrease slightly. But yes, you can.