In This Article (click headings to jump)
A Little Spicy & A Lot Delish!
If you've ever wanted to make a whole chicken in your crockpot... You'll LOVE this whole chicken slow cooker recipe.
It's a super easy recipe too! You mix the spices, pour it over your chicken and cook it all day long.
The asparagus isn't a crockpot recipe but it makes up super easy and complements the dish really well.
Just take 2 to 3 asparagus spears, wrap them in a bacon strip, dab with the crockpot drippings and sprinkle on a bit of garlic powder and parsley. Put them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Nothing to it :)
You can also change up the spices. Make up your own seasonings or use something prepackaged...it'll taste and look a bit different than the pictures here but it'll still taste delicious!
Whole Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe Step-by-Step
Gather Your Ingredients...
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons paprika (hold out half of it)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, dried or minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- Leftover aluminum foil ~or~ a shallow glass pan
Mix the spices (less 1/2 the paprika) & half the butter...
Place foil balls in crockpot...
You can also use a super flat glass baking pan inverted...
Pour about a 1/2 inch of water in the bottom...
Place the chicken in the crockpot...
Sorta paint on the herbal mixture...
Sprinkle on the remaining paprika...
Drizzle with the remaining butter...
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours...
Serve it up with these bacon wrapped asparagus for a delicious meal...
Enjoy & let us know your results. If you come up with a new herbal mixture of your own let us know...we'd love to feature you. And enjoy the fast prep & slow cookin' :)
Here are the Pinnable & Printable for this super easy whole cooker slow cooker recipe...
Whole Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- Mix the spices (less 1/2 the paprika) & half the butter & the lemon juice
- Place foil balls in crockpot ~or~ use a super flat glass baking pan inverted
- Pour about a 1/2 inch of water in the bottom
- Place the chicken in the crockpot
- Sorta paint on the herbal mixture
- Sprinkle on the remaining paprika
- Drizzle with the remaining butter
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours