These slow cooker beef roast bites are a delicious meal, appetizer OR snack. Crockpot, multi-cooker, pressure cooker, AND freezer meal directions. So, no matter how you want to cook it or serve it…we’ve got you covered 😊
These little beef roast bites are very tasty! And they are so versatile too! They make a great weekday meal. But if you add a few toothpicks you could serve them as an appetizer or snack right out of your slow cooker too.
In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 1 How to Make Roast Beef Bites in the Crock Pot
- 2 Different Ways to Make Beef Roast Bites
- 3 Making Beef Roast Bites in the Crock Pot
- 4 How to Make Roast Beef Bites in Your Multi-Cooker
- 5 Roast Beef Bites in the Pressure Cooker
- 6 Quick Side Note on Pressure Cooking
- 7 More About Pressure Cooker Beef Roast Bites
- 8 Video for Slow Cooker Beef Roast Bites
- 9 Printable for How to Make Beef Roast Bites in the Crock Pot
- 10 Recipe
- 11 Slow Cooker Beef Roast Bites
- 12 Ingredients 1x2x3x
- 13 Instructions
- 14 Crockpot Directions:
- 15 Multi-Cooker Directions:
- 16 Electric Pressure Cooker Directions:
- 17 Freezer Meal Directions:
- 18 Pin It for Later Crockpot Roast Beef Bites
- 19 MORE Slow Cooker Beef Recipes!
How to Make Roast Beef Bites in the Crock Pot
Different Ways to Make Beef Roast Bites
Another super handy thing about making roast beef bites in your crockpot is you don’t HAVE to use JUST your crock pot. You can use:
- The slow cooker
- A multi-cooker
- Or an electric pressure cooker (aka an Instant Pot works too!)
AND if you grab the printable directions, you’ll see there are freezer directions provided.
So, you’re getting a super versatile, budget-friendly meal that can be cooked in all sorts of appliances. Win-WIN-WIN!
Making Beef Roast Bites in the Crock Pot
Making these roast beef bites in your crockpot isn’t a big.You CAN just toss everything in and cook it for 8 hours. But this isn’t going to give you the best flavor.
Searing the meat first is going to a very distinctive,deeper flavor to this dish. So, adding 5 minutes to your prep time and sautéing the coated meat in the butter is well worth it.
How to Make Roast Beef Bites in Your Multi-Cooker
Using a multi-cooker is a lot like using an instant pot or any other electric pressure cooker. Except you get the benefit of only one pot to wash and the benefits of crockpot cooking too.
You can also use this method with an electric pressure cooker.But pressure cookers scare some folks, and generally slow cookers don’t.
Roast Beef Bites in the Pressure Cooker
To make these beef roast bites in your pressure cooker, you just need to follow the printable directions. You’ll be using your sauté function and the pressure-cooking function for this recipe.
Quick Side Note on Pressure Cooking
Now honestly, I’m pretty new to using the electric pressure cooker. Not like yesterday, but in the last couple years.
I’ve been using the slow cooker for over 20 years. So (to me) a couple years is new. So, I still research a lot. And read about tips and tricks, try them and practice…practice…and practice a little more.
But the bare bones, basics tips and tricks for instant pots is where to start. I’ll be adding my own pages on the instant pot, electric pressure cookers, multi-cookers and the like. But not before I feel I’m mastered the processes.
So, I’m getting the information on how to sauté in the electric pressure cooker straight from the horses mouth.
More About Pressure Cooker Beef Roast Bites
You can also use the multi-cooker directions if you prefer. I (personally) think using either the slow cooker method OR the multi-cooker method will give you more flavor.
BUT if you forget to toss your beef roast bites into the crockpot before you leave for the day…the instant pot/pressure cooker version is done (start to finish) in about 45 minutes.
I do NOT recommend just doing these on the stove-top. The dish is very tough and rather gross.
Video for Slow Cooker Beef Roast Bites
If this recipe looks yummy…don’t forget to signup for our newsletter! You’ll get our newest recipes, tips, tricks and news right to your inbox!
Printable for How to Make Beef Roast Bites in the Crock Pot
Slow Cooker Beef Roast Bites
- 2 pounds beef roast cut into large chunks
- 3 large carrots skinned and sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the meat chunks with the onion soup mix and then with the flour. If the meat is dry you may need to sprinkle it with a bit of water first.
- Toss the meat and sliced onions into the skillet and sauté for 4-5 minutes (until the meat is just slightly browned on at least two sides).
- Toss the sliced carrots in the bottom of the crockpot.
- top with the mixture from the skillet.
- Gently pour the broth over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add the butter to your multi-cooker. Hit the sauté function and 5 minutes.
- Add the beef roast chunks and stir to coat with butter. Sprinkle with onion soup mix, then with flour. Stir to coat and toss in the onion slices. Brown slightly on all sides.
- Hit the slow cooker button on the multi-cooker and set to between 6 and 8 hours on low.
- Add the carrots, stir to coat.
- Gently pour the beef broth over the top.
- Cook 6 to 8 on high.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions:
- Place the butter in the bottom of the electric pressure cooker. Hit the sauté button. And adjust the temperature to normal. Allow the pressure cooker to get hot before proceeding to the next step.
- Place the onion soup mix and flour in a baggie. Add the beef roast chunks (if the meat is very dry, drizzle it with a bit of water so the flour mixture will stick). Close and shake the bag to coat the meat.
- Add the meat and sliced onions to the pressure cooker. Sauté on all sides until lightly browned.
- Use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the pot to loosen the brown bits.
- Add the carrots and broth. Stir gently.
- Close the pressure cooker, hit the pressure cooker button and adjust to 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure cooker to manually release for at least 10 minutes before swapping over to quick release.
Freezer Meal Directions:
- Place the meat, onions, onion soup mix and flour in a large baggie. Zip and shake to coat.
- Open the baggie and add the butter to the bag.
- Add the carrots and broth to a second bag.
- Lay both flat, squeeze out as much air as possible and use freezer tape to attach them.
- Make a note on your label you'll need allow yourself 10 minutes to brown the meat before proceeding with this recipe.
- Allow to defrost in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Freeze up to 8 weeks.
Pin It for Later Crockpot Roast Beef Bites
MORE Slow Cooker Beef Recipes!
- Easiest Crock Pot Roast Ever
- Creamy Crockpot Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles
- And if none of that sounds good...check out Slow Cooker Beef Recipes to see them all!