If you like potatoes and ranch dressing flavor…you’ll LOVE these crock pot bacon ranch potatoes! They only take 5 ingredients. They go together in a flash. AND they make an awesome side for all sorts of main meals.
And one of those “perfect meals” these crock pot bacon ranch potatoes goes with…TADA :) You got it! Exactly what it’s pictured with. Pineapple Glazed Crockpot Pork Loin. The marinade is a lot like Jezebel sauce…or at least that’s what inspired it.
The recipe only has 6 ingredients AND that includes the rosemary sprigs. So only 5 if you could care less about pretty. Don’t get me wrong, the rosemary adds flavor BUT it’s really good without it too!
- 1 Printable & Pinnable for Crock Pot Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
If you’re in for quick and easy recipes…then nothing beats tossing this dish together as per the pic.
BUT you also have the option of making your own homemade ranch dressing mix too. There are LOTS of homemade ranch dressing mix recipes out there. You can find them all over. We’ve actually tried about a dozen different ones.
This one is the one WE like. You might prefer a different one. You never know. Not until you give them a shot that is. We generally keep a shaker of the store bought stuff (like in the top image) around…and make the homemade stuff when we have the opportunity. OR when we really, really want ranch and don’t have any on hand.
Making your own homemade ranch is also a great option if you are worried about additives or need to decrease your sodium intake ’cause you can use a “better for you” option.
There really isn’t a lot to this recipe. Washed potatoes, a few pats of butter, beef broth, pre-cooked bacon (which is optional) and a bit of ranch dressing…nothing else to it but cover and cook!
Printable & Pinnable for Crock Pot Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Butter, sliced into thin pats
- ½ cup beef broth or stock
- ½ pound bacon, fried or baked then drained and crumbled
- 3 pounds baby Yukon potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Ranch Dressing Mix
- Lightly butter the crockpot insert
- Washed the potatoes and toss them in the slow cooker
- Pour the beef broth/stock over the top
- Sprinkle on the bacon pieces and then the Ranch dressing mix
- Cover and cook on high for 3½ to 4 hours; Low for 6 to 8
Other Ranch Dressing Recipes
If Ranch is your “thing” you’ll probably enjoy some of these: