If you’re a mushroom lover then these butter and herb crockpot mushrooms might be just what you’re looking for. There super easy, very tasty and take all of 5 minutes to toss in the slow cooker :)
Around here we love mushrooms. It’s just one of our things. Everything from adding them to a recipe to eating them fresh…it’s all good here. We’ve even been known to eat them straight out of the jar at times!
But the best and tastiest option for us is fresh. Don’t get me wrong…the canned/jarred variety are perfect with some dishes. And around here that’s usually pizza…but fresh is better when making something like this recipe.
It’s the perfect side dish or appetizer for all sorts of main dishes. They go great with a grilled steak or with a roast…and there great for a party appetizer too.
- 1 Using Fresh Herbs for Crockpot Mushrooms
- 2 Crockpot Mushrooms Printable & Pin It for Later Options
- 3 Big List of 50+ Crockpot Appetizers
- 4 More Slow Cooker Mushroom Recipes
- 5 Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken and Mushrooms
- 6 Share this:
- 7 Related
Using Fresh Herbs for Crockpot Mushrooms
Sorta like when choosing mushrooms, most times fresh herbs are best. Or at least that’s our preference. It doesn’t always work out that way, though. Sometimes they just aren’t available.
I try to grow my own. And that usually works out pretty well for me.
But me and my potted plants had to make a big trip across the country recently. That might sound weird but I didn’t have anyone to take care of them while I was gone and it was simply easier to take them with me. Easier for me. But obviously not better for my herbs. I am not nursing several of the poor things to see if they survive moving from zone 9 to zone 5 during the winter.
Cross your fingers for me please…I’d really like to plant them in my garden this spring. We shall see if it works out or if I’m starting over again.
The Herbal Combo
The key with this recipe is both fresh mushrooms and fresh herbs (as previously stated) BUT also…real butter and LOTS of garlic. I don’t grow garlic (not yet…it’s on the list of stuff to try) but real, whole garlic cloves work best in this recipe if it’s available.
I did add some garlic powder too. Simply because we love garlic even more than mushrooms. That part is optional. Go according to your own taste and preferences.
Here are the ingredients/herbal combo we used. You can always use something slightly different or use dried herbs too. I used almost a half cup of minced fresh herbs…not including the garlic. So if you use dried herbs, use about 2 tablespoons and it should come out really good :)
Crockpot Mushrooms Printable & Pin It for Later Options
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 5 to 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 large packages fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Wash the mushrooms and place in the crockpot
- Peel the garlic cloves and toss them in too
- Pour the beef broth and vinegar over the top
- Dot with diced butter and sprinkle with remaining herbs
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (depending on how soft you want the mushrooms in the end)
- Stir and garnish with more parsley if desired
Big List of 50+ Crockpot Appetizers
If you’re looking for crockpot appetizers…here’s a BIG LIST of 50+ of them too!
More Slow Cooker Mushroom Recipes
If you like this recipe you might want to check these out too!