If you like chicken, ranch OR mushrooms…you’ll love this crockpot ranch chicken dish! It’s super easy, healthy and very tasty too. It’s perfect served or rice or pasta either one.
You can also cut back on the broth if you want. Then it’d be good just to eat on it’s own. You could do that with what’s here too, you’ll just have a lot of broth left over. Whatever you want, it’ll work!
This was a pretty big batch…it made us (two folks)…4 meals. We had it over rice one night, pasta another and on it’s own with nothing else another. Honestly, I don’t remember what I did with the last of it. I am pretty sure I froze some and gave it to a friend so I could keep cooking and not waste any food :). I hate wasting food.
Tasty & Healthy Too…
Quick Jump Links
I’m not super big into health food BUT I try to balance it. Healthy for several days and then a splurge of sorts with something like Crock Pot Beef and Noodles or Slow Cooker Spaghetti. And exercise. I’m trying to add in exercise as well.
AND that’s got nothing to do with crockpot ranch chicken except the health part. Balance is the word of the day and the direction of choice around here. Nothing super severe ’cause it won’t stick if we go that route. So healthy choices and decently good for you foods several times per week and a couple splurges tossed in…this is a pretty healthy choice.
Crockpot Ranch Chicken Serving Suggestions
You’ve got lots of serving options with this. It had just enough broth to serve it as a thick soup/stew of sorts…but if you aren’t looking for a soup you can also serve it over rice or pasta.
Healthy Options for rice and/or pasta…but how healthy is that right? Well, it is if you get the right stuff. Brown rice (in moderation) is healthy. White rice, I’m personally on the fence on that one…but we do eat it. Usually, we eat half and half on rice. Half brown and half white. And guess what? You can make rice in the crockpot too! If you wanna learn how to cook rice in the crockpot, no worries. Here’s ya go. Just click on the picture and it’ll take you to that recipe.
If rice isn’t your bag, you can also get good for you pastas too. There’s everything from brown rice pasta to quinoa pasta available now. Most every health food store and/or health food sections of the big grocery stores stock some.
I’ve personally tried several and the only major difference is brown rice pasta cooks faster…at least in my experience. Ohhhh and there’s this bean pasta you can get from Amazon. We personally LOVE IT.
Each one has a different flavor and a couple look really weird cooked. But they taste good! So if you’re looking to stay with quick and easy but still wanna health it up a bit, this is a great option.
Video for Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch & Mushrooms
Here’s the video slideshow for you guys that either don’t like or are too tired to read :)
Step-by-Step Ranch Chicken for the Crock Pot
As it sets, this one isn’t a freezer meal. It can be, but you’ll either need to pre-cook it and then freeze OR use canned mushrooms. Fresh mushrooms freezer really gross. If you can do it and they come out well, let me know how, please.
Anyways, it isn’t a freezer meal but it is STILL quick and easy…here we go…
- Dice and slice the chicken and onions
- Toss the chicken, mushrooms, and onions in the crock
- Pour on the broth and sprinkle with the ranch seasoning
- Cut the butter into thin pats
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours
- 30ish minutes before serving mix the cornstarch and water together. You HAVE to use cold water. If you use warm or hot, the corn starch won’t mix well and it becomes a globby mess…
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the crock, cover and turn to high for about 30 more minutes
- Serve however you want (see the suggestions above)
We sure hope you enjoy. The printable recipe is below, as is the pinnable option too. The video is above if you’d rather watch that…give us a shout out on the Facebook page and let us know how you like OR you can also comment below too! Enjoy and ROCK THAT CROCK :)
Printable Recipe for Crockpot Ranch Chicken and Mushrooms
- 2 pounds chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 canister mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter optional
- 2 packets ranch seasoning
- 3 tablespoons corn starch + 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 onion optional
- 1 zucchini optional
- 1 squash optional
- Use a tiny bit of the butter to oil the crock
- Dice the chicken and slice the onions
- Toss the veggies and chicken in the slow cooker
- Pour the broth over the top and sprinkle on the ranch dressing
- Cover and cook 4 to 6 hours (time varies depending on how large your chunks are and how hot your crock cooks)
- Mix the corn starch and water in a separate bowl
- Slowly pour into the crock while stirring
- Cover and cook on high until thick and bubbly (about 30 to 45 minutes)
Other Crockpot Chicken Ideas…
Here are a couple more slow cooker chicken ideas…just in case you want to do some plan ahead, freezer cooking or (like me) cook for a few days :)
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Dinner
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushrooms