Your slow cooker can be your best friend. It can save your sanity some days. It can save your pocketbook too. So in honor of saving both mind and money...here's a big list of crock pot beef recipes. You can pick and choose what sounds good and just scroll on past the ones that aren't your bag.
Crock Pot Beef Basics
This isn't gonna be about "Butchering 101". I'd flunk personally. There are so many different cuts and a lot of them have several names. It's confusing. Or at least I think it is.
It's one of those things that does not compute for me no matter what I do. Like Spanish. Or French. Or any other language honestly. That's my daughter's gift. I didn't retain any of the ability...I passed it all to her :)
If that's something you want to learn about, there are charts all over the internet. And a lot of them can help. I, personally, can never remember what each cut is. So try to stick with the basics.
But that being said, even sticking to the basics...you need to stay low fat on crock pot beef recipes. Beef roast IF you are serving them as a slice of beef, that's slightly different. You can have a decent ribbon of fat and it's no big.
BUT if you're gonna shred the meat, make it into meatballs or use raw ground beef in the slow cooker...low-fat is your best option. It's healthier and it'll cook much better too.
Slow Cooker Beef Recipes Breakdown
So what's on this list? Some of the recipes are by Slow Cooker Kitchen, some are from other bloggers. No, I haven't cooked them all. I've read about all of them and made something in the past a lot like all the recipes...but I've not made every single specific recipe listed here.
There also aren't a lot of duplicates. This list isn't comprised of ten different ways you can serve beef tacos. I've got lists like that. Those are cool too...they'll get published shortly :)
This list is sorta like one of each...or pretty close. It isn't perfect, but then neither am I :)
Enjoy! And let us know if you've got something else you think would be great on this list or any kind of recipe we missed. We'll try to find something that works and add it.
Crock Pot Beef Recipes...In No Particular Order
The only semblance of order for this list is separating beef roasts and/or steaks from ground beef. There are SO many times when a recipe calls for "sirloin steak" you could easily use something else. Especially when you're talking about crock pot recipes.
The crock pot is one of the most forgiving kitchen appliances you will ever use. It makes just about any tough cut of beef so tender you can cut it with a fork...and there are lots of recipes that can be overcooked for hours without gross consequences.
Sooooo, here's the list. Again, enjoy! And by all means...ROCK THAT CROCK!
Slow Cooker Beef Recipes with Roasts, Steaks & Stew Meats...
- Crockpot Beef Over Rice by Creme de la Crumb takes just 5 minutes to prep and cooks all day! You can even have your rice prepped ahead and frozen with this make-ahead crock pot rice recipe too.
- Slow Cooker London Broil by Betty's Cupcakes. Her recipe takes just 4 ingredients and less than 5 minutes prep time. You could serve this over rice, pasta or on its own with a side veggie...
- 101 Cooking for Two's French Dip Sandwich recipe takes about 12 minutes to toss together. Boy, oh boy...they look worth it too!
- Our Crockpot Beef and Noodles takes 5 minutes to toss together. You can buy beef stew meat instead of the roast we talk about in the recipe and cut your time down even further!
This Beef & Vegetable Soup by Cincy Shopper looks almost identical to the Chicken & Vegetable Soup I've got going right now! So I KNOW it'll only take you 5 minutes. Psst...This is also an awesome recipe if you're gonna be gone for a super long time 'cause it'll cook up to 10 hours!
- If you're in the mood for Mex...you might wanna check out Paleo Newbie's Shredded Beef Tacos. She's also got a recipe there for really cool sounding cilantro lime sauce!
- Oh Yummo! This Beef and Barley Soup from The Food Charlatan...not much is better on a cold, winter evening.
- If you need something to toss together but still want a deliciously tasty meal...Try our 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Beef Tips & Gravy. It goes together in a flash, works as a freezer meal and you can eat it with just about anything :)
This Slow Cooker Beef and Bell Pepper Dish by Let the Baking Begin looks delish! Psst...She uses Sriracha Sauce in the crock pot beef yumminess too!
- This Slow Cooker Beef Brisket by Your Homebased Mom looks fall-apart delicious!
- Our Crockpot Beef and Broccoli is an awesome dish when you're wanting takeout but don't have the funds. You can use fresh or frozen broccoli and (oh course) it's a great freezer meal too!
Eating on a Dime's Korean Barbecue goes together in a flash. This would also make an excellent freezer meal idea AND is a great candidate for that crock pot rice too!
- Here's another delicious 5-ingredient recipe. This one's by Nums the Word and it's Crockpot Beef Stroganoff...which is a delicious classic!
- Our version of beef stew has a little bit of a twist...RANCH! Our Slow Cooker Ranch Beef Stew only takes about 10 minutes to prep but it's SO worth it. Pst...You can cut some of that time off by purchasing a frozen vegetable mix. That'd take your time down to 5 minutes is a heartbeat.
Barefeet in the Kitchen has one delicious recipe for Italian Red Wine Roast Beef. It's another amazing 10-hour recipe that'll help on those super long days AND it works as a freezer meal too,
- This 5-Ingredient Mississippi Roast by Table for Two is super easy, very versatile and yep, you guessed it...it works for the freezer too! BUT this one is one you can freeze before OR after you cook it. Super handy!
- If you've ever wondered how to cook cube steak/minute steak so it isn't rough and like chewing on your shoe...then look NO further. Our Crock Pot Cube Steak & Gravy is JUST what you need. It's also excellent for that crock pot rice and the recipe we originally made it for :)
- This Mongolian Beef dish by The Recipe Critic will make you wonder why the heck you need take-out. Super easy, super quick and yummy as well...
- Our Crock Pot Fajitas are actually half beef and half chicken. You can actually do them either way. All chicken, all beef...it doesn't matter. I originally started with one and had to expand the recipe at the last minute. It's super versatile that way.
- And here's another delicious weeknight idea from Coupon Cravings... Philly Cheese Steaks...right out of the crock pot! This one's also freezer friendly before or after cooking.
- Our 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Pot Roast is delish! It's great on its own but over-the-top amazing over buttered potatoes...
Crockpot Beef Recipes...Using Ground Beef
Just a quick reiteration...you really need to use super low-fat meat if you are actually cooking the meat in the crockpot (aka: meatloaf, stuffed peppers, etc)...it can get sorta gross if you don't.
If you don't have any or can't afford it that's cool too. Been there and done it many times...just be ready with paper towels to "dap" the meat to get the grease off before you eat.
- Tammilee Tips and her Crockpot Tater Tot Casserole! You gotta pre-cook the ground beef but you bet it's worth it!
- If you're in the mood for Italian you gotta try our Crockpot Tortellini Casserole! You need to pre-cook the meat but it's super worth it!
- This Crock Pot Chili Mac by Country Side Cravings...it's really good stuff! AND it's kid approved too :)
- Slow Cooker Lasagna! This one's by It's Always Autumn and man, oh man does it look good!
- If you like stuffed peppers and/or you like Mexican food...our Mexican Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers might be just what you're looking for! No pre-cooking anything with this recipe either. Both the meat and the rice cook right inside the peppers!
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak by Spend With Pennies...this one looks like an absolutely delicious meal any time of year!
- Here's another classic crock pot beef dish. It's Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls by Sugar Apron...no pre-cooking the meat with this recipe either :)
- Fake Ginger's got an awesome recipe for Slow Cooker Cheeseburgers. This would be an awesome kid pleaser too!
- If you're a meatloaf fan you will LOVE our Crockpot Meatloaf Dinner! It's super easy, includes potatoes and carrots...AND there's NO pre-cooking! And you can make it into a freezer meal too.
- Hobo Stew by Deep South Dish! A great soup/stew/one-pot meal for any time of year. There are both crock pot and stove top directions included here too!
- Check out Mandy's Recipe Box and her Crockpot Cowboy Supper! Talk about a hearty, filling meal…
- This Low Carb Pizza Casserole by Glue Sticks & Gum Drops might be a low-carber's dream…but dang anyone would love this!
- Our Classic Crockpot Chili is the bomb. We've also included a homemade chili seasoning recipe AND a list…a list of stuff you can do with a bunch of leftover chili. Freezer friendly here too!
- Here's another deliciously hearty crock pot beef dinner idea. It's Hamburger Minestrone Soup and it's by From Valerie's Kitchen.
- If the thought of that Hobo Stew sounds good…how about a WHOLE dinner? Try The Magical Slow Cooker's Crockpot Hobo Dinner…it looks awesome!
- Our Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup is just the thing…Just the thing when you WANT lasagna but don't have the time. There are lots of variations to this recipe too. So you can make it your own and avoid the boredom of the same old thing…
- Serendipity and Spice's Hamburger Hash looks like an awesome one-pot meal too!
- Here's Stuffed Pepper Soup from Averie Cooks. It's an awesome alternative when you're in the mood for Stuffed Peppers, but don't have time to do the stuffing part.
- This Beef & Potato Casserole by Bake at Midnite look delish! There are slow cooker and oven directions both available too!
- Our Crockpot Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole is always a hit around here! It's an awesome, kid-approved crock pot beef recipe that everyone loves!
- And another awesome kid pleaser… Crock Pot Sloppy Joes by Center Cut Cook!
- Here's one more sorta classic. It's Taco Soup by Recipe Diaries… This one would work as a freezer meal too!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls by Around the Kitchen…no pre-cooking with this yumminess :)
Enjoy! And Rock That Crock :)