You only need to pre-cook the ground been (or sausage) OR if you’re in a super big hurry you can always toss in sliced sausage links. Other than that you dump it together, stir and cook it for 4 to 5 hours…
- 1 Video: Tortellini Casserole
- 2 Crockpot Tortellini Ingredient List
- 3 Step-by-Step Directions (if you don’t care for videos)
- 4 Printable Crock Pot Tortellini Recipe
- 5 Other Delicious Crock Pot Casseroles
- 6 Slow Cooker Tortellini “Pin It for Later”
- 7 Share this:
- 8 Related
Video: Tortellini Casserole
Crockpot Tortellini Ingredient List
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of precooked ground meat (I used ground beef; pre-cooked, drained & frozen)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 can Italian tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen tortellini (I used cheese tortellini, any sort would work)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheeses
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (optional but adds more flavor)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or according to your own taste)
Step-by-Step Directions (if you don’t care for videos)
- Spray or butter your crock pot insert. I don’t recommend the option of slow cooker liners for this or any tomato based recipe. The acid in tomatoes can interact with plastic and cause them to deteriorate. So, in my personal opinion, this isn’t someplace to use the liners.
- Toss everything in the slow cooker insert and stir well.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours
All that’s left to do is dish this deliciousness up! Maybe add a side salad and garlic bread. You’ll be all set for any night of the week! Enjoy :)
Printable Crock Pot Tortellini Recipe
- 1½ to 2-pound ground beef or ground sausage (or mix up both)
- 1 can (14.5 to 15 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 to 15 ounce) Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 can (12
ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 bag (18 to 24 ounce) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 jar (20 to 24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Grease, butter or spray your crockpot insert
- Combine all the ingredients in your slow cooker and stir well
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours
- Top with additional cheeses before serving if desired
Other Delicious Crock Pot Casseroles
Crock Pot Beef & Noodles
This beef and noodles recipe is super easy. It’s also absolutely delicious! Your whole house smells amazing too! Every time I make it everyone is drolling…
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
If you’re looking for a super easy, overnight casserole OR if you are a “breakfast for supper” lover…here ya’ go :)
Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole
Any cheeseburger fans in the house? This cheeseburger macaroni casserole might be just what you’re looking for. It’s another deliciously easy crock pot creation…
Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
This is a one pot meal that’s wonderful comfort food. It’s a lot like a Thanksgiving dinner all in one pot! You can even sub out turkey breast slices if you want a more “holiday feel”.
Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
This one’s a classically delicious meal that’s super easy to toss together. Wonderful any day of the week…
Slow Cooker Tortellini “Pin It for Later”
If you’re in the mood for MORE tortellini casserole ideas…check these out! They aren’t all crock pot recipes but hey, it’s still tortellini :)Broccoli-Tortellini Salad
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 onion, chopped
5 slices pancetta bacon, raw
1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bacon until onion is translucent and bacon is brown; remove from skillet and drain on paper towelling.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Return onion/bacon mixture to skillet and add cooked tortellini. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat through. Place in serving dish or bowl, sprinkle with vinegar and cheese and serve immediately.
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
1 medium onion, chopped 2 tablespoons butter
3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch pieces
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon dried or fresh tarragon or thyme (optional) flour for dredging
2 1I2 cups Newman’s Own All- Natural Alfredo Sauce
10 ounces cheese tortellini, prepared according to package directions
chopped parsley for garnish
Saute onion in butter until limp and set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add tarragon or thyme, if desired. Dredge in flour and saute in pan used to saute onion for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add onions, Alfredo sauce, and tortellini. Stir together, heating thoroughly for 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and diced peppers as desired.
Chicken Tortellini Soup
7 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes; add the tortellini and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until tortellini is heated through.