Mac and cheese is the ultimate in comfort food. Crockpots are the ultimate cooking convenience (to me anyways)…why the heck not combine the two? Cause when you do…you get this Crockpot Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole! Super easy deliciousness that’ll please everyone…
But I wanted to take it a step further. I wanted a one pot mac and cheese meal. One-pot meals are all the rage right now. And (again) why the heck not? They’re easier, faster and there’s so much LESS clean up. But there’s just something about mac and cheese in the slow cooker. It’s creamier, gooier and takes comfort food to a whole new level.
I must say…this turned out pretty darn well too!
You don’t babysit it. You just pre-cook the meat and toss everything in. You can even do that a month ahead of time and freeze it if you want.
The pasta really is better if you precook it for just a couple minutes. It’s something about the starch I guess. BUT there are some brands that work better than others. So if you spend a little more on the pasta, it still works out with no pre-cooking.
Whichever way you go, you’ll get a great cheeseburger macaroni meal that the whole family will love! If you really want to blow their socks off, add bacon!
Give it a shot! Tell us what you think.
Scroll down for the Pinnable & Printable for this Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole recipe!
- 1 pound macaroni, uncooked (BUT it IS better if you cooked it a couple minutes)
- 3 cups milk
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 package cream cheese, cut up
- 2-4 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 pound precooked ground beef
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella (optional)
- 3 ribs celery, diced (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a buttered slow cooker insert.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir well and top with shredded mozzarella if desired.
- Serve it up with a side salad and some dinner rolls...I doubt there'll be leftovers :)