In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 0.1 These 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Smokies Rock!
- 0.2 Step-by-Step Slow Cooker Little Smokies
- 1 Slow Cooker Little Smokies
These 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Smokies Rock!
This is a really cool twist on the classic little smokies recipe. That particular recipe calls for chili sauce and grape jelly...and it's absolutely delicious too!
But we were in the mood for something a little different and this orange marmalade was just hanging out in the cabinet. So I figured why not give it a shot. Just to see.
It was really good too. A lot like the classic version but just enough different to be interesting...Spicy and sweet all at the same time.
An Excellent Game Day Recipe
We had these for game day. Just about all slow cooker little smokies are a big hit for game day...or potluck...or movie night. They just plain go over well.
Adding the toothpicks helps with stickiness. But if you've got little ones around that can be dangerous. If that's the situation we generally just have damp cloths available. No one complains either way.
There will NOT be leftovers.
You can make these in any size of crockpot BUT your cooking time will be drastically reduced. It only takes a couple hours in any case but even putting them on the warm setting in a big oval slow cooker can burn them after a few hours.
That's just a big FYI 'cause no one wants to clean burned jelly out of a crockpot...not ever 😉
There isn't much too this recipe but we've provided a printable copy so you can add it to your stash if you like. Those are all the way at the bottom of this post...but here's the step-by-step as well 🙂
Step-by-Step Slow Cooker Little Smokies
Gather your ingredients...
Toss everything in the slow cooker and stir it up...
Cover & Cook for 2 to 3 hours on low...
Uber deliciousness and nada on the leftovers...
Scroll down for the printable & pinnable versions of this recipe.
Slow Cooker Little Smokies
- 28 ounces beef or pork cocktail smokies
- 6-8 ounces orange marmalade
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- Spray or oil the crockpot insert (butter doesn't really compliment this recipe).
- Pour everything in the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
Freezer Prep Method:
- Combine the marmalade and chili sauce in a large freezer safe bag. Zip closed and knead to mix.
- Open and add the cocktail smokies. Close again, shake to coat.
- Label and freeze up to 8 weeks.