It’s Soup Season!
When winter comes and it’s windy and cold…the soup pots go on. There’s little that warms up the soul more than a hearty bowl of comforting deliciousness. This crockpot lasagna soup sure does hit the spot too.
Crockpot Lasagna Soup is Pretty Versatile Too!
Just like there are hundreds of kinds of lasagna, there can just as easily be that many lasagna soups too. This one uses ground beef. I’ve also used ground pork or even smoked sausage slices.
What about veggies? Yep, here too! Not in the mood for onions? Leave them out. Don’t have any mushrooms? Add fresh or frozen spinach instead. I’ve seen all sorts of veggies added to this soup. Here are just a few…
- Yellow Summer Squash
- Black Olives
- Mushrooms (any sort)
- Fresh Spinach
- Sweet Peppers
- Onions (any sort)
Really, the only requirement for lasagna soup with be some sort of a tomato type base. Even that is versatile though and could be worked with…
- Tomato Juice
- Vegetable (aka V-8) Juice
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Diced Tomatoes
- Stewed Tomatoes
- Tomato Bouillon
Any of those would work without issue…Maybe this should be called pantry soup :)
Whatever sorts of veggies, pastas and tomatoes you decide to toss in…you WILL get a crowd pleaser here. Let it cook all day and come home to this delicious comfort food bubbling away in your slow cooker. Add that pasta to the crockpot and make a side salad and roasted garlic bread while it cooks. Super easy and super delicious :)
Here’s our version for crockpot lasagna soup. Both the printable and Pinterest friendly versions are below. Check it out and tell us what you think.
- 2 teaspoons garlic, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- ½ cup parsley, snipped (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef, fried and drained
- 1 packet Italian seasoning
- 2 cups tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1½ cups uncooked pasta
- Ricotta cheese (for topping)
- Cook the ground beef, garlic and diced onions in a skillet 'til browned.
- Pour off the fat and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in the crockpot except the pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- During the last 30 to 45 minutes stir in the pasta. Make sure it's submerged below the liquid.
- Cover and cook until pasta is tender.