If you’re a chicken and dumplings fan AND you wanna know how to make it in the crockpot with Grands biscuits…this is the slow cooker chicken & dumplings recipe for you!
This is an updated recipe. The older one (much older honestly) is toward the bottom of the page. It’s good BUT it takes longer.
Not lots longer, but a little. And when you’re looking for quick and easy…the quicker and easier, the better!
And when you’re going for quick and easy this updated recipe takes fewer ingredients.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings Topics
- 1 Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings Topics
- 1.1 New Version of Quick & Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- 1.2 Slideshow for Chicken & Dumplings
- 1.3 Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings Step by Step
- 1.4 Printable & Pinnables for New QUICK and EASY Chicken and Dumplings
- 1.5 Older Version Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with Grands Biscuits
- 1.6 Share this:
- 1.7 Related
New Version of Quick & Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
Now, when you’re making it…when you get to the spot you’re adding the biscuits (aka dumplings) it isn’t going to LOOK like it’s going to work…the sauce isn’t thick. And it just looks like chicken cooked in a liquidy sauce.
Don’t worry! Just wait until you add the biscuits and give them time to cook…IT WORKS.
Slideshow for Chicken & Dumplings
Here’s the slideshow/video version for those folks that prefer to watch vids…
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings Step by Step
First, mix the soup and the broth and set the mixture aside…
Add the ingredients like the image below:
- Chicken Tenders or chunks
- Diced Onions
- Butter (either cut into “pats” or melted and drizzled)
- Soup mixture
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours…or high for 3 ½ to 4 hours.
Then 45 to 60 minutes before serving…
Open the biscuits, cut into quarts and place over chicken. Spoon the sauce over the top of each biscuit. Cover and cook an additional 45 to 60 minutes.
Cook until the dumplings near the center are cooked to the consistency you prefer. And ENJOY!
Printable & Pinnables for New QUICK and EASY Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 to 2½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, diced (optional)
- 1 (10 ounces) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn or cut into quarters
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- Mix the soup and broth, set aside.
- Place the chicken, then the onion, butter and lastly the soup mixture in the crockpot.
- Cover, and cook for 5 to 7 hours on low; 3½ to 4 on high.
- Open the biscuits and cut them into quarters
- Place them on top the chicken and sauce
- (Turn the slow cooker to high if it isn't already there)
- Spoon a bit of the sauce/juice over each biscuit
- Cover and cook an additional 45 to 60 minutes
- Check a center dumpling or two for doneness before serving
Older Version Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with Grands Biscuits
It’s winter. It’s cold. Hearty, rib-sticking meals are on the menu until further notice…This slow cooker chicken & dumplings totally fits the bill too!
It takes about five minutes to cut everything up and toss it in AND most everything is usually in my pantry and freezer. That makes this a perfect slow cooker meal for us. So I wanted to share.
And with no further ado…here’s the slow cooker chicken & dumplings… Enjoy!
Chicken & Dumplings Step-by-Step…
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 large can of mushrooms. Drain the mushroom liquid into the slow cooker insert and add the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavored “better than bouillon”
- 1 can of cream of mushroom and 2 tablespoons of flour
Mix it up and add the mushrooms and the chicken. About that chicken. You need about a pound. Maybe a pound and a half. It totally depends on how “meaty” you like it. Any sort of chicken works too. Raw, pre-cooked, frozen or canned. It doesn’t matter. Dice it up and toss it in. Stir well…
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours
Your time will vary a lot on your crockpot. If you’re new to crockpot cooking or this is a new slow cooker for you…just watch it a bit after 5 hours. If you can’t or you’ll be gone you can always add another 1/2 cup of milk or water to the mixture. It may be a bit soupy but it’ll still be awesome.
An hour before dinner…
Pop the biscuit can and cut up the biscuits into quarters. Toss them in with the chicken mixture and stir well.
Turn the crockpot to high, cover and cook for 45 to 60 more minutes…
Dinner’s ready when the biscuits aren’t gooey anymore. OR you can just make the biscuits and serve the chicken goo over the top. Both are delicious and work very well.
Awesome served with a side salad :)
Printable & Pin It for Later (Older Recipe Version):
- 1 pound chicken, any kind
- 1 can Grands biscuits
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavored Better Than Bouillon
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 large can sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- Spray, oil or butter the crockpot insert
- Drain the mushroom liquid into the insert and add the garlic, bouillon, soup and flour. Stir well.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms, stir again
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours
- Turn the crockpot to high, quarter the biscuits and stir them in
- Cover and cook an additional 45 to 60 minutes.
- When the biscuits are no longer doughy supper's ready!