This easy crockpot taco soup recipe is delicious! It’s mild enough for kids, but just spicy enough not to be boring. Freezer friendly before or after cooking.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 1 Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 2 Making Taco Soup in the Crockpot
- 3 Time Saving Tips for Making Crockpot Taco Soup
- 4 Homemade Taco Seasoning for Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 5 Video for Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup
- 6 Printable Recipe for Easy Crockpot Taco Soup
- 7 Recipe
- 8 Easy Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- 9 Ingredients 1x2x3x
- 10 Instructions
- 11 Crock Pot Directions:
- 12 Freezer Meal Directions:
- 13 Freezing Leftovers:
- 14 Stove Top Directions:
- 15 Notes
- 16 Pin it for Later Options for Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
- 17 More Easy Taco & Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes
It’s always great to have a meal in reserve. One of those things you can pull out on days you just do not have time to cook…or just plain don’t want to. OR you have unexpected guest show up. There's always a whole host of reasons. You get me, time…time…time.
And this easy crockpot taco soup recipe is one of those grand recipes. Happily, it only takes 10 minutes to prep it. That’s for the slow cooker, for the stove top OR for the freezer.
Making Taco Soup in the Crockpot
You can do this recipe very easily on the stovetop. Just fry the ground beef and onions, drain…toss in the remaining ingredients. Stir and simmer. Very simple. Very fast.
But making this taco soup in the crockpot will give it more flavor. The tastes have the time to meld and combine. And (as with most all Slow Cooker Kitchen’s recipes, there is very little or no babysitting!
Time Saving Tips for Making Crockpot Taco Soup
Here are a few short cut ideas. For those days/weeks/months that time is at a premium.
- Use our Make-Ahead Ground Beef recipe to cook your ground beef and onions overnight.
- Purchase frozen vegetables. PictSweet has a 3 Color Pepper & Onion Strips blend that works great for this.
Homemade Taco Seasoning for Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Saving time is great. But saving money is too. And you can make your own taco seasoning with just 5 minutes and 9 ingredients.
You can put it through a blender to get a super crushed consistency like the prepackaged kind. And it stores beautifully for several months.
Video for Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup
Here’s the video/slideshow for making our easy slow cooker taco soup. Make up a big batch and freeze it using our printable recipe.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter too! You’ll get all our latest recipes, tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox.
Printable Recipe for Easy Crockpot Taco Soup
Easy Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or use slow cooker make ahead ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans with liquid
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn with liquid
- 1 8-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cups water or beef broth
- 2 14.5-ounce can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers
- 1 1.25-ounce package taco seasoning mix or 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
Crock Pot Directions:
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef and onions until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef mixture, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker.
- Mix to blend and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Or high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Freezer Meal Directions:
- Cook the ground beef or medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
- Dump the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning into a large, freezer-safe bag. Close and knead to mix.
- Open the bag and toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Lay flat, label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- There’s nothing special to freezing these leftovers. Just allow the soup to cool and pour into a large freezer bag or any freezer safe canister you desire.
- Label and freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Stove Top Directions:
- Use a large skillet to fry the ground beef and onions over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink, and the onions are translucent. Drain the grease.
- Pour the tomato paste and diced tomatoes into the skillet. Add the taco seasoning. Stir well.
- Turn heat to low and add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.
Pin it for Later Options for Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe