This crockpot sour cream chicken breast recipe is one of the easiest, tastiest ways to make chicken in your crock pot. And it’s freezer friendly and you get both slow cooker and oven directions.
Slow Cooker Sour Cream Chicken Breasts
In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 1 Slow Cooker Sour Cream Chicken Breasts
- 2 5-Ingredient Sour Cream Chicken Breast Recipe
And you only need 5 ingredients:
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Sour Cream
- Ranch Seasoning
How to Make Sour Cream Chicken Breasts in the Crockpot
In the world of easier recipes, this one is towards the top. It’s tasty and it’s easy to prep. AND if you forget to toss this one in the slow cooker on your way out the door…no worries! Because you get oven directions for it too.
Sauce for Sour Cream Chicken Breasts
The sauce for this crockpot chicken breasts recipe is very simple. You just whip together the ranch seasoning, cream of celery soup and the sour cream.
And the sauce is freezer friendly too. We’re going to pour it into its own little baggie. Why? Because occasionally, ingredients will separate when frozen then defrosted.
BUT that’s not a big issue. Since you’re putting it in its own little baggie, all you need to do is knead the bag a little bit and the sauce will remix.
Homemade Ingredients for Sour Cream Chicken
Quick and easy slow cooker recipes are awesome. And when you combine it with freezer cooking, you never have to worry about having a home cooked meal.
But there are times when you have a little extra time. Or dietary restrictions. And you need (or want) to make your ingredients from scratch.
And you can make BOTH the ranch seasoning AND the cream of celery soup from scratch. Both are very simple to prepare.
Even better, the homemade ranch seasoning can be stored in an air-tight container for many months. If humidity is high in your area, just fold up a piece of paper towel and toss it in the canister. This will help absorb any excess moisture. And it will keep your homemade ranch seasoning as a powder, instead of a block 😊
So, 2 tablespoons of your homemade ranch seasoning will equal a packet you purchase in the store.
2 tble homemade = 1 purchased packet
And that homemade cream of celery…well, it’s freezer friendly. So you can make up quite a lot, freeze and use as you need it.
So, making your own homemade ingredients is very easy on this one. No more than 10 minutes to make both!
Then you place the chicken breast in the crockpot (butter it lightly first), toss on the diced celery and pour the sauce over the top.
Video for Sour Cream Crock Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
And here’s the video/slideshow. Don’t forget to grab the printable recipe. Cheers! Holler if you need some help.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter. You’ll get our latest news, recipes, tips and tricks right to your inbox!
Printable for Sour Cream Crockpot Chicken Breasts
5-Ingredient Sour Cream Chicken Breast Recipe
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 10.75 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 2-4 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 4 ribs of celery washed and diced
- Lightly butter or oil the slow cooker insert.
- Use a large bowl to mix the soup, sour cream and ranch seasoning until well blended.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with celery.
- Pour the soup mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Dump the soup, sour cream and ranch seasoning into a 1 gallon zippable bag. Close and knead ingredients to mix.
- Open the bag and toss in the chicken breasts and diced celery.
- Lay flat, remove as much air as possible and label.
- Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with diced celery.
- In a large bowl combine the soup, sour cream and ranch seasoning.
- Mix together and pour over chicken; spread out evenly.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
Pin it for Later Options for Sour Cream Chicken Breast Recipe