This Stuff Rocks!
I had a request a few months ago to bring artichoke dip to a friends & family get together. We'd never had it before due to an exceptionally bad experience with artichokes like a decade ago. Don't ask, it was somewhat traumatic and still makes me groan in pain. But because of that, I'd never attempted making this or any other artichoke dip. I'm SO glad I finally did though! This hot artichoke dip recipe is delicious!
It's So Simple Too!
Just dice, toss, cover, cook and stir at. That's pretty much it. You might need to add a bit of milk if you want a thinner consistency...but you can do that at the end. You'll get creamy, cheesy goodness that everyone will love 🙂
I served this one with diced veggies and Hawaiian bread chunks. There were no leftovers.
Holler if you have any questions or suggestions, we'd love to hear from you 🙂
Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe Step-by-Step
Gather your ingredients...
- 1 can artichoke of hearts
- 1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1 cup Italian cheese, shredded (any kind works, this is a 3 cheese Italian blend)
- 1 block cream cheese (low fat is okay but not non-fat)
- 1 1/2 cups Velvetta, diced
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Milk, optional (you may need this in the last step...totally depends on how thick you want the dip)
Dice everything up...
Toss it in an oiled crockpot, cover & cook 'til cheeses are melted
Mix & stir...
You can do this by hand or use a blender. Add a little milk at a time 'til you're happy with the consistency
Serve it up with veggies, chips, crackers or breads...
Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup parmesan shredded
- 1 cup Italian cheese shredded
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Velvetta diced
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1 cup onions diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- Milk optional
- Spray, butter or oil the crockpot insert
- Dice up the onions and drain the artichokes
- Toss everything in the slow cooker and cook on low until melted, usually 2 to 3 hours
- Stir well and mix to combine melted cheeses
- Add milk until you get to your own desired consistency