If you’re looking for a deliciously EASY crockpot recipe…this slow cooker sausage and potatoes dish only takes 5 to 10 minutes prep work AND 5 to 7 ingredients too!
You can use any sort of smoked sausage as well. Turkey sausage, kielbasa or anything of the sort. We prefer the uncured pork sausage, but that’s our personal preference. It’s partially for health reasons and partially because we prefer the taste.
Again, any sort works. You choose what’s best for YOU and your personal needs. Some of them will “puff” up more than others, all taste really delicious. And taste…well, that’s more important than pretty in my book.
Step by Step Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes
Ohhhh this is complicated…well, sorta. No, no it isn’t. It’s super easy! The most time-consuming thing about this dish is washing and dicing the potatoes.
You can peel them, or you don’t have to. You can see from the picture above I didn’t. That’s a personal preference too. I don’t peel potatoes on a regular basis. If you want to know that story, check out Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes. It’s short a sweet, but there’s no need to repeat it twice.
Anyways, step by step…here goes.
- Wash and dice the potatoes, toss them in the buttered crock pot
- Peel and slice the onions, they are layer #2
- Dice up the sausage (or kielbasa, or whatever) and do the same (#3)
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour them over the top.
- Then cover and cook.
If you want, you can add garlic cloves…either whole or minced. I did. The whole garlic cloves are a little strong but they get a bit of a sweet bite when cooked like this. The onions are optional if you’re not a fan…or if your stomach is too sensitive. Just leave them out. It’s a great dish no matter :)
Printable Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds sausage links, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds potatoes, washed and diced into chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced (optional)
- 6 to 12 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
- Lightly oil or butter your crock pot insert
- Layer the potatoes, onions, then the sausage
- Mix the soup, broth and Worcestershire sauce in a separate bowl and pour over the top
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Pin it for Later Sausage & Potato Options
Other Deliciously Easy One-Pot Crockpot Meals!
If you like this recipe, we think you might want to check these out too!