If you love broccoli cheese soup, then this crockpot vegetable chowder is right up your alley. It’s an awesome little freezer soup. Soup? I guess you can call chowder soup. Hopefully, the soup police aren’t watching.
This recipe is a LOT like Broccoli-Cheese Soup BUT with lots of other veggies added in. And since veggies are good for ya and all.
Vegetable Chowder Freezer Notes
It’s also a great freezer meal. And it really couldn’t be easier. There’s not even a separate bag for this one. You just dump it all in the bag, label and freeze it. When it’s time to cook it you can defrost it overnight OR not. I did not…it was a run-out-of-time day. So I tossed the frozen chunk into the crockpot.
The only difference if you decide to cook a block of frozen stuff (on this recipe at least) is you’ll just need to cook it longer. I set the slow cooker for 5 hours but had to cook it another two for the veggies to be done enough for us to be happy eating it. So there’s a good thing to know if you have to be out all day. Cook it frozen :)
Make Ahead Meal Prep
This recipe was part of a meal prep session me and a friend had last week. She took home at least 1 or 2 bags of everything we made and is one of the primary “voters” to make sure something is article worthy for you guys. Just so you know, we made these to go with…
Anyways, we made
8 Recipes & 56 Meals! Wait, WAIT…hold the phone! ‘Cause I totally and completely did NOT count right at all! We did better than that. By FAR… How about 110 Crockpot Freezer Meals in 1 afternoon! I had no idea we pulled that off. I kept counting and counting and trust me…I counted it 3 times. But 110 meal in one afternoon! Here’re all the recipes :)
- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Slow Cooker Meatball Ravioli
- Quick & Easy Crock Pot Vegetable Chowder
- 4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Beef Tips
- Cheesy Crockpot Sausage and Pierogie Casserole
- Chicken & Rice Soup
- Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
Crockpot Vegetable Chowder Printable
Here’s the printable, let us know what you think and Rock That Crock!
- 1 large onion, diced ~or~ 1 cup frozen minced
- 4 cups shredded hash browns
- 1 can of potatoes (optional but adds chunks)
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups broccoli, frozen or fresh (diced to the size you like)
- 3 cups mixed vegetables of your choice (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cans evaporated milk or 2½ cups regular milk
- 2 cups chicken broth, stock or water (your choice)
- Wash and process all your veggies to the size you like
- Toss all the ingredients in the crock pot and stir (you can add the cheese now if you are using evaporated milk but if you are using regular milk I'd hold the cheese until the last 20 minutes as it'll sometimes separate)
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or until the onions are soft
- Add seasoning as desired and serve
- Combine all the ingredients in a large zip lock baggie
- Label and freeze up to 6 weeks
- Defrost before cooking if possible, if not increase cook time by an hour or two
If you like this freezer meal, we think you might like our Ground Beef Freezer Meals post too! There’s also a printable grocery list to go with this one :)
OR…if you’re in the mood for soups, here go :)
Enjoy…and Rock That Crock!