Ground Beef Crock Pot Recipes & Printable Grocery Lists!
Try as we might… to be organized and “keep it together”…something always seems to fall apart. When that happens around here the last thing any of us want to do is deal with is feeding everyone. Take out is always an option BUT go there too many times and it can compound issues (aka: health, finances, etc). This list of ground beef crock pot recipes can come in super handy for soooooo many reasons.
How Can This List Help ME???
- Save time: An hour to shop, a couple hours to assemble and you’ve got multiple emergency meals in the freezer
- Save money: Shop sales, buy in bulk, buy what you need and don’t have stuff go bad before you get to it
- Save your SANITY: One more thing crossed off the list is an AMAZING feeling. Well worth finding the couple hours you’ll need to get this done
How Is This List Compiled?
There are pics and links to each and every recipe listed below. Just click the title or the picture and you’ll be led straight to the recipe. There’s also a super handy Ground Beef Roundup Grocery List I’ve compiled. I figured I needed it and you might too. It’s at the bottom of this post with the Pinterest pinnable graphic.
You’ll still need to buy side dishes & bread. This list is ONLY for main dishes.
- 1 Ground Beef Crock Pot Recipes & Printable Grocery Lists!
- 2 Step-By-Step Ground Beef Crock Pot Recipes
- 3 5 Freezer Friendly Crock Pot Recipes with Ground Beef
- 22.214.171.124 Cheesy Hamburger Potato Casserole by Between 3 Sisters
- 126.96.36.199 Cook Off Winning Crockpot Chili by Life With My Littles
- 188.8.131.52 Crock Pot Cheeseburgers by Mostly Homemade Mom
- 184.108.40.206 Crockpot Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole by Slow Cooker Kitchen
- 220.127.116.11 Bacon-Ranch Meatloaf by Recipes That Crock
- 4 If You Like These Ground Beef Crock Pot Recipes Then You’ll LOVE:
- 5 Share this:
- 6 Related
I hate this part. Really, I dislike it a lot. No two people eat the same amount. It varies so much. It’s best to ask how much you eat I suppose. But since I am unable to ask that of every person reading this I will just say this is an average. Each meal averages out to a serving size being a quarter pound of meat plus the other stuff. That being said…here are my guesses.
- Hamburger Potato Casserole 4 servings
- Cook-Off Winning Crockpot Chili 4 servings
- Crockpot Cheeseburgers 8 servings
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole 4-6 servings
- Bacon Ranch Meatloaf 10-12 servings
Of course the amount of meals you get it going to vary by the size of your family. It’s also going to vary by how much each family member eats. I can tell you for me and my hubs, this is 14-15 meals. Obviously, we’re two adults. I’m guessing for a family of 4 you’ll probably get 7 meals.
That’s a week’s worth of meals in an hour. But even if it takes you a few more minutes it’ll be worth de-stressing the rest of the week!
A Few Notes on Freezing
- A BIG key with this list is precooking your hamburger meat. Only a couple of these meals (aka the meatloaves) don’t need precooked meat. Why not use 20 minutes of that prep time and precook it all and have one more thing off the list?
- Some of these meals are freezer friendly. Some not so much. Some people choose to freeze everything. I’ve personally frozen leftovers of just about everything I’ve ever cooked. Sometimes I’ve had unexpected, happy successes AND I’ve also had some epic fails.
- I personally do NOT freeze raw potatoes. Some folks do and never have issue. We’ve tried almost every color and type of fresh potato imaginable. You can freeze canned potatoes without having an incredibly weird taste and texture, but why? What would be the point? Just leave them in the can and open them when you need them. That’s my opinion, other people have their own. I personally either add the potatoes when it’s time to cook or use frozen potatoes that are processed for freezing.
How to Make Your Life Even EASIER…
If you want to make your life even easier just visit the freezer veggie section of the grocery. You can find all sorts of stuff precut and frozen. It will be a little more expensive than buying stuff fresh and chopping it up yourself. You’ll know what sort of balance between time and money fits for you :)
Step-By-Step Ground Beef Crock Pot Recipes
- Print the Ground Beef Roundup Grocery List
- Check your pantry for what you have vs what you need. Make changes as necessary.
- Go to the grocery and purchase your needed items.
Once your home and WHEN you’re ready… get out all your grocery items, a large skillet. and a pot to boil the pasta in…
- Put the water on to boil (2 minutes).
- Separate 3 pounds of ground meat from the amount purchased, set it aside (Me= 2 minutes).
- Brown the ground beef over medium-high heat a pound or two at a time. How much completely depends on the size of your skillet :) (Me= 12 minutes…’cause I was using a 9″ cast iron skillet).
- While the meat is cooking chop and dice your vegetables (Me= n/a, I was multi-tasking).
- Toss the pasta in for its 3-4 minute water bath and drain (Me=n/a, I’m still multi-tasking).
- Give the last of the meat 5 minutes to cool and grab that Sharpie. Label your freezer bags (Me=5 minutes).
- Grab that other stash of meat, assemble the meatloaf and bag it (Me= 3 minutes).
- Separate what’s getting frozen and what’s going in the cabinet (Me= 4 minutes).
- Toss everything into the right freezer bag (Me= 15 minutes).
- Tape pantry items together and label each as part of a meal…this keeps me from using them for something else and not having them when I need them :) (Me= 4 minutes).
- Toss everything in a basket and stack them in the freezer and pantry (Me= 5 more minutes).
- Clean the kitchen (Me= 5 minutes…’Cause there’s only 1 pot & 1 skillet to clean. Then I just had to wipe down the counters).
NO! I didn’t take pictures…if I’m racing the clock I never do. But it works AND it’s worth it :)
Here’re the recipes. Let us know if you try it, how it works out and what changes you make too…
5 Freezer Friendly Crock Pot Recipes with Ground Beef
This one is just perfect for a dump and go dinner.
Freezer friendly BEFORE cooking.
Freezer Notes: You can toss everything in a bag and freeze it ~OR~ you can just freeze the meat, onions, and cheese. I personally put the cheese in a separate, smaller bag and put that one inside the meat & onion bag, label it and put a note on the bag that the corn, soup, and potatoes are in the pantry…
Here’s a cook-off winner that only takes 5 ingredients.
Freezer Friendly before OR after cooking :)
Freezer Notes: Bag the precooked meat and label it. Mark the bag that your canned tomatoes, beans, soup, and corn are in the pantry…
This one’s sorta a sloppy joe and sorta a cheeseburger. Call it what you want but it’s absolutely delicious!
Freezer friendly BEFORE cooking.
Freezer Notes: Toss the precooked hamburger meat, onion, garlic, mustard and cheeses in a bag. Attach a package of hamburger buns or rolls. Write a note that the pickles are in the cabinet…
Crockpot Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole by Slow Cooker Kitchen
Uber-creamy and delicious. There’s never a complaint when I make this…
Freezer friendly BEFORE ~or~ AFTER cooking
Freezer Notes: It works no matter how you decide to do it BUT it works best if you precook the pasta about half-way. Not really an issue if you’re frying up the ground beef for this little endeavor. Just boil it for about 3-4 minutes, drain and bag it up with the rest of the ingredients.
IF you’re low on time you can skip the boiling and just use raw pasta for this freezer meal. Don’t add the pasta to the bag, leave it in the pantry. Bag up the rest of the ingredients, label that the pasta is in the freezer and it BIG BOLD letters to remind yourself later…half the frozen mixture goes in the crockpot, then the pasta, THEN the last layer of frozen stuff…
Oh WOW. Talk about a super easy crowd pleaser…
Friend to the Freezer BEFORE ~or~ AFTER cooking!
Freezer Notes: Follow Aunt Lou’s (Recipes that Crock’s) directions about assembly. After you form it into a loaf put it in a freezer bag and squeeze out all the air. If you want to make it a meal instead of a hunk of meat, add scrubbed potatoes and peeled carrots to the crockpot when you toss it in. Those are NOT included in the grocery list ’cause that isn’t her recipe, though.
If You Like These Ground Beef Crock Pot Recipes Then You’ll LOVE:
- Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles: This one is freezer friendly BEFORE cooked
- Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie: You friendly crockpot freezer meal before OR after cooking
- Crock Pot Chili: This one is freezer friendly before or after and has a huge round up of yummy dishes you can make with all that chili
What sort of freezer friendly crockpot meals do you like? Is chicken or beef your fav?
Let us know if you liked the ground beef crock pot recipes roundup AND if you’d like to see more like it.