This Slow Cooker Stuffing is a Delicious Addition to Any Holiday Dinner!
Have you ever made a slow cooker dressing? Pardon me. I was raised in the South. Have you ever made a slow cooker STUFFING? I have...several times. We've had everything from cornbread stuffing from scratch to stove-top only turned crockpot. We've had several in between too. Some have been epic fails, some have been pretty successful. If you're looking for a one-pot stuffing meal, here's a chicken & stuffing casserole. It was a success 🙂
Everyone likes this dressing recipe when it's made in the crock pot. I think the main reason it's successful is that it stays super moist. As long as you keep your lid on the moisture can't escape and it keeps it moist, creamy, and delicious. I suppose some folks might like it drier, but no one around here does.
This recipe cooks for about 4 to 5 hours. If you need it to cook longer make sure and add a bit more liquid. Like about a 1/4 cup extra per hour. Maybe upwards of 1/3 cup per hour, depending on how hot your crockpot cooks.
One Last Note...
This recipe was served up with a full crockpot spread! It included:
- Slow Cooker Spiral Ham
- Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Corn Casserole
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
So if you are looking to make your holiday meals super easy, check them all out and look for the holiday dinner to become super easy.
In This Article (click headings to jump)
- 0.1 This Slow Cooker Stuffing is a Delicious Addition to Any Holiday Dinner!
- 0.2 Slow Cooker Dressing Step-by-Step:
- 0.2.1 Gather your ingredients...
- 0.2.3 Dice up the veggies you're using...
- 0.2.4 Saute the celery and/or the onions in the butter 'til just slightly browned...
- 0.2.5 Spray or butter the insert...
- 0.2.6 Add the chicken stock and mix well...
- 0.2.7 Serve up this delicious side for an amazing holiday dinner 🙂
- 1 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Dressing - Easy Stuffing Recipe for Crockpot, Oven-Baked, & Freezer
Before we go any farther, let's get the legal stuff out of the way…this post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you purchase through these links. This will NOT increase your cost in any way. But does give you awesome recommendations that have been tested by myself or someone I dearly trust.
So if you're looking for a super easy, incredibly tasty version of dressing... here it is! Oh! One last requirement. You MUST love King's Hawaiian rolls.
IF this stuffing mix has been available before this year, I didn't know about it. My loss. 'Cause it's just plain YUMMY!
Give it a try and let us know if you like it. And as always...Happy Crockin'!
Slow Cooker Dressing Step-by-Step:
Gather your ingredients...
- King's Hawaiian bread crumbs
- Turkey stuffing mix
- Onions, diced (optional)
- Celery, diced
- Chicken broth ~or~ 4 cups water + 2 heaping tablespoons chicken flavored Better Than Bouillon
Dice up the veggies you're using...
Onions are required to be optional in this house. My hubbie and I love them. But we've a few friends that can't have them...so optional. If you choose to go with the onions, a sweeter type like a Vidalia or sweet yellow works great with the sweetness of the Hawaiian bread.
Saute the celery and/or the onions in the butter 'til just slightly browned...
Spray or butter the insert...
Add the bread crumbs, stuffing mix and veggies.
Add the chicken stock and mix well...
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. If you would rather cook it overnight just add a little more broth or water so it doesn't dry out or burn around the edges.
Serve up this delicious side for an amazing holiday dinner 🙂
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Dressing - Easy Stuffing Recipe for Crockpot, Oven-Baked, & Freezer
- 1 12 ounce bag King’s Hawaiian bread crumbs
- 2 boxes turkey stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups onions diced (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups celery diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Spray or butter the crock pot insert.
- Dice the celery and/or onion.
- Saute them both over medium heat in the butter til they just begin to soften.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour into the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Follow steps 1 thru 4 from slow cooker directions
- Pour into a buttered/oiled 9x13 oven-friendly baking pan. Cover pan with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15-20 more minutes. Or until the edges are just crispy.
- Follow the first 4 steps in the slow cooker method.
- Pour into a labeled, one-gallon freezer bag. Freeze for up to 6 weeks.
- To Cook -1. Allow to defrost overnight in the refrigerator.2. Choose your cooking method from above and pour into the appropriate pan/insert.3. Bake as per the directions in that cooking method. *See Notes.