Boy! That title is a mouthful! But at least you now mostly whats in it eh? How about we go with “slow cooker ham” to keep it easier? Yeah, let’s do that…
This particular slow cooker ham was made a couple years ago. Well, several actually. Thus the really, REALLY old crockpot you see in the background. I really liked that slow cooker. It was really neat. No reason to babble on about it though, they quit making it. Oh, the odd nostalgia of a slow cooker foodie person. Weird? Yes. But I’m old enough to be totally okay with that.
AND…very sadly…there was a computer crash. MINE! And at the time, I wasn’t smart enough to have more than one backup. And then the backup failed. SO, I had thought multiple recipes and LOTS of pictures had been lost.
Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. There was a second backup I had forgotten about on my husband’s computer! I couldn’t have been more thankful. It wasn’t ALL the stuff off the old computer by any means, but there were several.
Now…not all the pics are that attractive. I was NOT good at picture taking back then. Heck…I’m still not that great. BUT I’m learning now! So hopefully, they’ve improved over the years and you can at least tell what you’re looking at.
If I’m wrong and that isn’t the case, just reply below, comment on Facebook or message me…I’ll clarify if at all possible :)
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy! Happy Holidays too…no matter which one you’re celebrating.
And remember to use that slow cooker all through the holidays to help out with “never enough oven space” syndrome and “omg, the holidays can be so stressful” issues!
OH, dang it! I ALMOST FORGOT. We have LOTS of crockpot options for the holidays! I wasn’t kidding, there is NEVER enough oven if you’re cooking big. Check out
Happy Crock Pot Thanksgiving (coming later this week) for lots of ideas :)
Slow Cooker Ham Printable Recipe
Easy, peasy here…check it out!
- 1 3 to 5-pound ham (boneless or bone-in, it doesn't matter)
- 1 cup of good quality apple cider
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 40-50 whole cloves (totally optional, but adds good flavor and looks festive)
- Very lightly butter or oil the crockpot insert.
- Poke cloves every ½ to ¾ inches over the top and sides of the ham.
- Pour the apple cider over the top of the ham, then drizzle with the honey and syrup.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours. Depending on the size of the ham.
MORE Crock Pot Holiday Deliciousness!
If you’re needing MORE holiday options for the crockpot…Check these out!
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Easy Crockpot Spiral Ham
- Slow Cooker Corn Casserole
- 5-Ingredient Crock Pot Turkey
- Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Easy Crock Pot Dressing
- Honey Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- Super Easy Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Country Style Mashed Potatoes
Crock Pot Ham “Pin It for Later”s